So far no success finding a home with expanded length garage

So far no success finding a home with expanded length garage

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
They are out there ~ Our garage is a full three stalls, 25' deep. The neighbor's garage is bigger yet. We are in Hillsborough.

Garage space was a priority for us. We talked to so many people who bought a house, and quickly moved because there was no storage.

Did you buy existing or build? Which floor plan do you have?
OP you may want to start looking for specific floor plans to narrow your search.

We became ruthless in what we were bringing south and purged excess belongings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 01-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
They are out there ~ Our garage is a full three stalls, 25' deep. The neighbor's garage is bigger yet. We are in Hillsborough.

Garage space was a priority for us. We talked to so many people who bought a house, and quickly moved because there was no storage.
And that is why designers with 2 car garages are hard to sell both new and re-sales seem to sit for a long time before being sold.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Indeed my stretched Lantana with a golf cart garage is 793 square feet. That is about twice what a 20' by 20' = 400 square foot garage is.

Look for new stretched houses, or buy a big lot and pick a good model and stretch it. Oddly, the stretches are quite cheap. I think like $4000. That not only stretches your garage but usually the second bedroom in front. You will get it all back in re-sale.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
Did you buy existing or build? Which floor plan do you have?
OP you may want to start looking for specific floor plans to narrow your search.

We became ruthless in what we were bringing south and purged excess belongings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We have a Gardenia, on Evans Prairie. TV does seem to put more features on view lots. This house was existing.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:26 AM

My home in Fenney, which was spec, was built with a stretched garage out to the front, and a stretched lanai out to the back. It didn't add any square footage to the living area, which was fine for us, but I was excited about the garage because I have and wanted to keep my full size pickup truck. It more than fits lengthwise, but a stretch to the side, even an extra couple of feet, sure would have been nice as far as being able to get in and out of the cars in the garage goes. I think garages are one of those spaces where they are never really big enough. If you have a smaller garage, you adjust to the limited space, and if you have a larger one, you fill it quickly and are left only wishing you had more room.

I was told that in newer areas of TV, including Fenney of course, the spec homes are typically built in a way to maximize the space on the lot. So, if a stretch here or there is appropriate, they usually go ahead and do it to maximize the potential of the lot. That was told to me in response to a comment that was made about the homes appearing closer together than other areas - so it may have been a load of BS. But, it does seem like I notice a lot of new spec homes being built with 3 car garages instead of a GC garage, if the lot is a little wider, or larger lanai's in the back than might be on the standard floorplan for a home. But I don't know if that is driven by the size and shape of the lot or if it's more just adding upgrades here and there to give the potential buyer some options.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:36 AM

How about a 3 car garage with inside dimension of 31X31.
PM if interested.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

When we built our house we expanded it from a double car plus golf cart garage and added another single car garage. Right up to the setback lines. And we bumped it out. Use our double car for storage and recumbent Tri-cycle, along with workshop, et. Didn't want to climp attic stairs.

Onl wish that we had bumped out the back and made living spaces larger.
Come buy mine !!!
Old 01-23-2019, 06:22 PM

Smile Come buy mine !!!

I have a Lantana for sale with a golf cart. Don't want the golf cart, no problem, we can adjust the price....

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...a-fsbo-282388/

Listed on TOTV real estate for sale section and Zillow / Trulia.

Come see it for yourself.... I'm here
Old 01-23-2019, 08:19 PM

It takes along time to find what you are seeking. We have been looking for a reasonable home with a pool, outdoor cooking, birdcage, privacy or a golf view, 2+ garage that does not back up to a major road. We also want no carpet & pool heater on the roof. We have been looking for more than a year....
Old 01-24-2019, 07:45 AM

We had our house built and stretched the garage. It will hold four cars plus a golf cart....950+ sq ft. Love it.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milano and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).

Tags
garage, home, expanded, dimensions, inside