Solar tubes

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I've used Solar Lights for 1 attic fan and 3 solar tubes. In addition they sold me a device that sits on my hot water heater and gives me instant hot water in my bathroom. I used to have to run the water for a while to get it hot. In any case I was happy with the work they did but don't know whether they are more expensive or less expensive than Solar Guys.

John
John,
I am wondering about the device that's on the hot water heater. What is it? What was involved installing it?

Bob
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
John,
I am wondering about the device that's on the hot water heater. What is it? What was involved installing it?

Bob
It sits on top of the water heater and there is a device under the bathroom sink. From what I understand it basically circulates hot water so that when you turn on the hot water you get it. There is a clock on top of the unit so that you can program when you want the hot water. I have set it for morning, mid afternoon, and evening. You might want to call the Solar Lights guys to get the information.

Wish I could be more informative.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Default tubes

what is the price
Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
It sits on top of the water heater and there is a device under the bathroom sink. From what I understand it basically circulates hot water so that when you turn on the hot water you get it. There is a clock on top of the unit so that you can program when you want the hot water. I have set it for morning, mid afternoon, and evening. You might want to call the Solar Lights guys to get the information.

Wish I could be more informative.

John
Aren't there devices that sit right under the sink in question and provide instant hotwater without going to the hotwater tank? It's kinda what I was thinking of doing but have not done the research yet. The device you mention appears to circulate hot water from the hot water tank. Wouldn't that be an engery hog? In my CYV the hot water tank to the master bathroom is at opposite ends. It takes forever to get hot water from the tank in the garage.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.