Solution: Waiver of Amenity Fees?

Solution: Waiver of Amenity Fees?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
...the whole thing looked like a facade, a very bizarre reconstruction of a fantasy world that doesn't actually exist. Totally unnatural...

...if you're actually living there, and still connected to the outside world...
Wow. This is over the top even for a troll. But assuming for a moment it’s not a troll...

Where is this “outside world” of which you speak? Everyplace on the planet is all the same...except for TV? Is that it?

TV is just another place in this mysterious “outside world”. Subdivisions. Shopping. Entertainment. Activities. Last time I checked, you might be able to find some of this stuff in a few places outside TV.

TV is whatever you make of it. Nothing more. Nothing less. It just has a few more options than many places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why are you suggesting ways to change things, when you not even a Villager.
BTW, from all your posts.....I don't think The Villages is for you.
There ya go.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 01-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
There ya go.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Thank you for confirming what I was trying to convey that true access to all the wonderful activities can sometime suck!

You also confirmed my concern that a point system or fast pass system is now needed to handle the excessive demand.

Disney would limit the number of visitors allowed to enter their parks to assure that all ticket holders enjoyed the Disney experience as it was intended. Since developing the fast pass system they seldom close the entrance to the number of visitors.

I love new people and find visitors to be generally happy because they are in a vacation mode. Sharing facilities and meeting wonderful people during busy seasons does not fix a system that is broken, even in the off season.

The facts I stated were just that!
Surprisingly, some people felt compelled to make me feel like my intentions were to bash our community or that by comparison their ability to withstand an uncomfortable situation is more noble than my intention to try to identify and fix known problems. What good did that serve?
Actually I belong to Lifetime Fitness where I pay $185.00 a month and get there an hour early to take a class from an instructor that makes a difference in my health.

Their system is the same as any class in TV, get there early and hope you get in. However the difference between TV and Lifetime Fitness is, those lifetime lines are 24/7 365 days a year. TV is in line with any fitness center to take a class, but TV is a free class.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-11-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Geez.

"Let's Behead the Messenger" is a popular club on TOTV. Leaders are volunteers.
- - - - -

Anyway, Ed III, I am sorry you are under attack for just asking what looks to me like a sincere question.

I do not think what you offer is a particularly good idea, nor do I think it will ever happen. But thanks for thinking about it.

We bought 5 years ago. In just that amount of time, I have really felt the increase in crowding. Some of it is because we are around only in colder months, usually. But even so, there has been a change.

I do not think the ratios of people to the popular things they want to do will ever be the same as even a few years ago.

Sometimes finding a seat at our neighborhood pool can be a problem. (I can find a different pool. But darn it, I can walk to my usual one.)

I long ago gave up getting into water classes.

One of my favorite clubs is the Civil Discourse Club but I have to get there really early. One time, I had to deal with some guy who was trying to cut me off at the pass for the last seat. (I was there first. I got the seat. He was not very "civil.")

Getting into movies can sometimes be a problem.

I think you are asking your question because you are feeling the crowding, too.

But, crowds are a fact, and will remain a fact.

In fairness though, I will say that I think it is probably easier for full-time Villagers.
Thanks for your kind response. Looks as my post "has lit the fuse of the online thought police". I've been very busy participating in all the rewarding activities here in The Villages. I'll check back in a few more days to see how some have responded multiple times. Meanwhile, its time to shut off the computer and get outside enjoy all that is provided for "happiness in our final quarter"
Old 01-17-2019, 09:09 AM

John, now that Village Health care residents go to MVP free, MVP is just as crowded as the rec. Centers. I went for a 1015 Zumba class at 10:00 and was squeezed in to a spot. I've been going to that class for 4 years and NEVER saw it that crowded. Sure it's "season" but it's more because MVP is free to a lot of residents.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:15 AM

It is very crowded in the Villages, and no longer just during season.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
John, now that Village Health care residents go to MVP free, MVP is just as crowded as the rec. Centers. I went for a 1015 Zumba class at 10:00 and was squeezed in to a spot. I've been going to that class for 4 years and NEVER saw it that crowded. Sure it's "season" but it's more because MVP is free to a lot of residents.
A bartender who served a drink to a car salesman who sold a car to an MVP employee told be that MVP is looking at building another gym.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

In our 20th year here during 'The Season.'
Never was much different, and always crowded this time of year, and the same old bitching about Snowbirds
Now with the added development, and the present lack of new facilities down south, pressure on existing facilities is even stronger.
But us snowbirds will soon be gone and you full timers can have the place all to yourselves once more.
That is of course we all go home, because if we don't, and decide to become full timers, it will be all year round overcrowding.
Be carefull what you wish for, and thankfull for what you have!
Amen.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
Remember The Villages' motto...... "Anything free tickles me!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:29 AM
Sage

Just a quick point of information...MVP is not free for ALL Villages Health Care members. Some plans aren’t included.
Closed Thread

Tags
resident, instructors, volunteer, solution, instructor