Soon to be a Villager!!!! WOOHOO!

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2015, 07:29 PM

We visited TV a little over 10 years ago meeting a friend of ours there who was also taking a look. We had such positive experience the idea of being there never left my mind. Two years ago my good friend and his twin brother both bought places across the street from one another. About the same time I told my neighbor and good friend about TV. He visited and bought as well. I had planned on waiting a couple of years more myself and just couldn't wait any longer. After vacationing there last year with my neighbor in his new house we searched for a long time and finally closed on our place in January. The plan was to vacation there for four years and then retire. After just a week vacationing in the new house I came home and am doing everything to reduce the 4 years to very much less. It is time to start living. I look forward to meeting many of you in the very near future. The extra cold and snow in Virginia has also pushed us over the hill.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Welcome! The place in "infreakingcredible". I'm still having to go back and forth to KC, but as of last Sunday, my bride is retired and a frogger. I've really enjoyed it here this week.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinds8451 View Post
We are starting to get excited about our future as a villager........finally!

We just bought a house in The Village of Hillsborough a week ago! I am so excited! I am finishing out the last 10 weeks of work up here in icy cold Buffalo NY, and will be heading down to The Villages to our new home the day after I retire! I am probably the oldest "WANNA-BE-VILLAGER" alive today that is still not a villages resident!!!!!!

I have been following the growth of the villages since I read an article in a magazine back in the 1980s (when I was in my 20's). There was an article about an interview with Mr. Schwartz regarding a vision he had about a mega retirement community he hoped to build with rec centers, and activities, etc...., and I knew THEN that if this place ever turned out to be anything like the vision he had, I wanted to live there someday when I retired. I came home from work that day and told my husband that I knew where I wanted to retire to someday. He said, "but honey......we are only 20 years old right now". I told him, "I know.......but THAT's where I want to live someday!"

I continued to watch this community grow through the 90's with the building of Spanish Springs, and then the 2000's with the building of Lake Sumter Landing, and so on. I requested all the brochures, the VHS tapes and the DVDs over the decades as VCRs and DVD players were invented, and finally LAST OCTOBER, we finally came down for the preview plan for the first time in my life! I fell in love the minute we drove through the gate welcoming us to the Villages.

We have been searching the Homes for Sale for YEARS, and one popped up 10 days ago; we drove 20 hours straight through to get there, see the house in person, did a walkthrough, and knew this one was the one!

We plan to pull into our new driveway down there on May 17th! Can't wait to join all of you!!!!!!
That is a great story. Congratulations. Safe travels. God bless and keep you safe, healthy and happy in your new home.

I have this vision of reading your story in the Daily Sun a year from now and you are telling about all the clubs and activities you are participating in and how you are loving TV.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 AM

Thank you so much everyone; you are all so nice and so friendly! I cannot wait to meet all of you villagers in our adventures down there. I will be the one with the BIGGEST SMILE on her face.........ha ha!

Hubby and I are so excited; we cannot wait to get there and start enjoying the good life, and the wonderful lifestyle! Till then, I hope you all have a great time down there, and I look forward to joining you!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinds8451 View Post
Thank you so much everyone; you are all so nice and so friendly! I cannot wait to meet all of you villagers in our adventures down there. I will be the one with the BIGGEST SMILE on her face.........ha ha!

Hubby and I are so excited; we cannot wait to get there and start enjoying the good life, and the wonderful lifestyle! Till then, I hope you all have a great time down there, and I look forward to joining you!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

When you move here year 'round you will be a Frog.

I am a Frog tool Here 'til we croak.

Living here often feels like the wonderful time of our childhood. Driving home from Laurel Manor after a class last night, and feeling the warm air on my face and seeing the pretty flowers and the perfectly kept golf cart paths, I had to think that heaven could not be better than this.

I wish you a thousand years of this joy.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 AM

Welcome! This is our first winter here and I can hardly believe our good fortune to live here! It's so breathtakingly beautiful! The people are mostly so sweet!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:33 PM

Hello Buffalo! Husband and I live in Amherst, and just spent February in The Villages. And, we just bought a new cottage in La Belle, not too far from your new home! Closing next week by mail. Unfortunately for us, we can't retire for about 2 more years and will rent out our home. But it'll go fast! I figure if I loved it this past February, (the worst weather month in a long time), I'll love it even more when it warms up!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:06 PM

Hi Amherst! We are in West Seneca......but only for another 10 weeks! Can't wait; we bought a beautiful Designer Lantana with an oversized lanai and in-ground pool in Hillsborough, and we cannot wait to close as well! We plan to fly down for the closing which should happen on or around April 1st! Then we will come back so I can finish out my last month or so of work; then pack up and leave! What a tough winter this has been! Mother Nature sure blasted us for our last winter here! It started with the 82 inches of snow that fell in a day and a half leaving us stranded in our homes and neighborhoods for almost two weeks....and THAT was back in November! And It's been bad ever since then!

We are SOOOOOOO ready!!!!!! We hope to meet you down there someday!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 04:49 PM

You will be living pretty close to our village. Keep in mind that you do not just live here in the Villages, you change your life and thrive. If you get bored, either you want to be or it is just your own darned fault. Welcome Home.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Gold member

Welcome!

You will love your new home! It is all you dreamed of and more! We wake up every day amazed that we are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. It is like living in a resort.

You will find lots of comments about The Villages getting too big, too many new homes built etc. Don't let that get to you. This place is well planned, and has room enough for us all.

You will love your Village, your neighbors, the squares, the activities and living in paradise. Again, Welcome!!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM

Thank you! We are so excited; we cannot wait to get down there and start enjoying the wonderful lifestyle. I have watched that community grow for the last 25 years, just waiting till I was old enough and able to retire to finally move there. We plan to enjoy every bit of it, and cannot wait to wake up that first morning in our new home and realize we are really there. I feel like a little kid at Christmastime waiting for that day to arrive!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Platinum member

Congratulations!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Gold member

a new frog in the pond!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

Glinds love your post and enthusiasm! We bought 3 years ago and just recently made TV our forever home. Retired 5 months ago. We planned on working 2 more years but could wait that long.

Wake up EVERYDAY with the biggest grin. Just convinced my 84 year old mom to move to TV as well.

PM when you arrive. Hubby and I would love to meet you and your DH.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:02 PM

Thanks so much everyone! We look so forward to joining all of you! That day can't get here quick enough!!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.