Speeding Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Gold member

I'd say that speeding golf carts ranks well below off-key karaoke singers in my list of things to worry about. It doesn't bother me a bit to be passed in my golf cart. The way that some feel about it, you'd think that being passed by a golf cart is like them giving you the finger as they go by.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Remember the snow birds may be renting that cart.. blame it on the rental guys
Old 02-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I'd say that speeding golf carts ranks well below off-key karaoke singers in my list of things to worry about. It doesn't bother me a bit to be passed in my golf cart. The way that some feel about it, you'd think that being passed by a golf cart is like them giving you the finger as they go by.
It's only if the finger or verbal gesture comes out when they pass me that bothers me. I figure, speed on bro.!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:19 AM

When I took drivers ed quite a few years ago we were taught not to cross solid lines.
Floida drivers handbook.
Solid White Line
A solid white line marks the edge of the roadway or separates lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. You may travel in the same direction on both sides of this line, but you should not cross the line unless you must do so to avoid a hazard.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Remember the snow birds may be renting that cart.. blame it on the rental guys
Is that the same logic in that you are not responsible for speeding tickets in a rental car because the rental car can go 120 mph?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
...Solid White Line
A solid white line marks the edge of the roadway or separates lanes of traffic moving in the same direction. You may travel in the same direction on both sides of this line, but you should not cross the line unless you must do so to avoid a hazard.
So how do you make a left turn in your golf cart without crossing the solid white line? Some of the closest calls I've had while driving my car have been with golf cart drivers making a left turn from the cart lane. If you're not crossing the white line to merge with auto traffic, then you're an accident waiting to happen.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
So how do you make a left turn in your golf cart without crossing the solid white line? Some of the closest calls I've had while driving my car have been with golf cart drivers making a left turn from the cart lane. If you're not crossing the white line to merge with auto traffic, then you're an accident waiting to happen.
Agreed! Some folks aren't aware of merging into traffic to make a left turn is the correct way to turn.Some are afraid to do so therefore they're afraid of driving their carts here.These folks should stay in their cars!!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:22 PM

I always feel safe when riding with BosoxFan.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

When someone passes you on a road, Are they going to fast or are you going too slow?
Old 02-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
When someone passes you on a road, Are they going to fast or are you going too slow?
you hit the nail right on the head!!!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Location: Euclid, Ohio--Anahein California--DeLand Florida--Virginia Trace

After reading all this I'm going to see if I can get my 36 MPH Streetrod Golf Cart jacked up to hit 40 MPH. In the mean time I think I'll take my Vette on the turnpike tomorrow and do another 150 MPH run. (The body may be old but the brain is still young refusing to get old)
Old 02-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Happened to me last week in front of Cane Garden. I still don't know how I didn't hit that cart. No signal, the guy just pulled out of the cart lane and cut across into Cane. I missed him by no more than inches. Scared the he** out of me. I don't know if the cart driver ever knew I was there and that he almost died that day.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:18 PM

I hate the rude & aggressive cart operators who pass too close to me on my bike on the rec. paths because they pass me when other carts are coming in the opposite direction.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
I hate the rude & aggressive cart operators who pass too close to me on my bike on the rec. paths because they pass me when other carts are coming in the opposite direction.
I've witnessed some cart drivers do this and it's very dangerous. it's totally amazing how some people don't take the time to realize they may cause harm because heaven forbid they are in a hurry.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
Some folks on bikes seem to ride right down the middle of the MM trails knowing there is a golf cart in back of them and not move over just to be ornery.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.