Stay at home just "ORDERED"

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
This order is about three weeks too late. DeSantis response to this crisis has been pathetic.
I agree!
Old 04-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

I heard that the gov was attacked for people dying on the ship. He was elected to save Floridian lives and that is what he tried to do. Am I mistaken?
Old 04-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny1024 View Post
Just drove by Bogart Golf course around 10:45 today, there was a group lined up to play golf, 8 to 10 carts, and at least 15 people all gathered together. See picture below:

The Villages Florida
Why would they allow groups?
The very reason they wound up closing the pools....the knuckle heads standing/sitting around the pool just like this.

Get ready...golf courses to be closed....wanna bet?
Old 04-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizemo33 View Post
It is spelled FOOL !!!!! That is how I would describe your comment.
Please QUOTE the person you are responding to. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So now, the real joke is on you. While type 2 DM runs in my family, I do not have it (at least not yet) I stretched the truth in that post to make a point, that people with type 2 DM are not necessarily immunocompromised---to allay the fears that another poster might have instilled in thousands of people Do you really think I would ever post personal health information on an open forum? Too many years of being HIPPA conscious made it an ingrained habit, besides, it's just dumb to do that anyway.

So as I said before-----"FORE!"

PS. I'm beginning to enjoy these back and forth barbs, keep them coming. Great entertainment, as long as you realize I'm not seriously attacking you.
A real doctor would know it's HIPAA not HIPPA. The joke was on me.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

Looks like it's on me!
Duly chastised for my typo, thanks

PS Did you take your dose of hydroxymethylglutrylCoAreductase inhibitor today?
Old 04-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,659 Times in 962 Posts

regarding the ships seeking to dock and disembark passengers in Florida:

there is a website that will tell you where every cruise ship is, and what the current itinerary is. It's called Cruisemapper.com. Check it out.

I thought this was interesting: One of the ships, the Regal Princess, started it's current trip on March 22...really, on March 22 people got on a cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale, expecting to spend 14 days visiting a number of Caribbean tourist trap ports-of-call, and get back to Ft. Lauderdale, with no Coronavirus issues? And this was allowed by the Federal and State Governments?

But it gets better. Another ship, the Rotterdam, left Ft. Lauderdale on March 27, planning on visiting 5 ports-of-call...and guess what? They now have a problem. Who could have possibly seen that coming, all of 6 days ago?
Old 04-02-2020, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post

there is a website that will tell you where every cruise ship is, and what the current itinerary is. It's called Cruisemapper.com. Check it out.

I thought this was interesting: One of the ships, the Regal Princess, started it's current trip on March 22...really, on March 22 people got on a cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale, expecting to spend 14 days visiting a number of Caribbean tourist trap ports-of-call, and get back to Ft. Lauderdale, with no Coronavirus issues? And this was allowed by the Federal and State Governments?

But it gets better. Another ship, the Rotterdam, left Ft. Lauderdale on March 27, planning on visiting 5 ports-of-call...and guess what? They now have a problem. Who could have possibly seen that coming, all of 6 days ago?
So, who wins the Darwin award?

The cruise line for departing?
The authorities for allowing it?
Or the passengers that boarded it?
Old 04-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Clearly, anyone can be anything on an anonymous forum.
Everyone should keep this in mind.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Looks like it's on me!
Duly chastised for my typo, thanks

PS Did you take your dose of hydroxymethylglutrylCoAreductase inhibitor today?
Did you mean hydroxymethyl glutaric CoAreductase ? Is there such a thing as a "birther" doctor ? Oh how silly. That would be an obstetrician.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:57 PM
Sage

JUST IN: Florida Department of Health confirms first COVID-19 deaths in tri-county area, two Lake County residents who were not Villagers.

Source Villages Daily Sun FB Page

No other info was given
Old 04-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Can I modify my comment? Substitute S Korea instead of China since most of us have such difficulty believing China.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:01 PM

I agree! People don’t listen. They don’t have it and their friends don’t have it...yet. It only takes one person to affect another.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post

The Regal Princess did not start a cruise with passengers on March 22. The Regal finished its last cruise on March 8; that cruise was actually curtailed but was not allowed to dock at Port Everglades until Sunday night, March 8. All passengers had to disembark including friends of ours who were scheduled to continue on on the Regal until March 15. All Princess Cruises that were to begin March 8 or later were cancelled and Princess shut down cruise operations on March 8 for at least 60 days.

The Regal still had crew onboard, but did not take on any new passengers. I know the Regal left Port Everglades and spent some time at its private beach in the Bahamas so crew members could "vacation" at the beach like their passengers usually do. It also had to take on provisions for the crew members staying onboard; so it may have returned to Port Everglades to do so and then left again for where ever it was going to sit out the 60 (or likely more) days. Some Princess ships were sent to Freeport Bahamas.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Did you mean hydroxymethyl glutaric CoAreductase ? Is there such a thing as a "birther" doctor ? Oh how silly. That would be an obstetrician.
No. I actually meant hydroxymethylglutrYL Coenzyme A reductase inhibitor
Closed Thread

Tags
stay, home, order, starting, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.