STOP IT! You're going to get yourself and others killed or injured.

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
You could include the dipsticks who turn left in the right hand lane at roundabouts.
or watch out for maroon Prius that enters roundabout in left lane, stops in roundabout at the first exit then, turn cross the right lane exiting almost having to back up to exit. All while speeding down in the left lane passing cars and NOT signaling. Luckily I was not breaking my #1 rule when approaching roundabout. DON'T BE beside SOMEONE IN ROUNDABOUT and be ready for the most stupidest maneuver ever seen while driving.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca2025 View Post
I had one yesterday, when his cart lane ended, he didn't even look to merge. Goodthing there was no on coming traffic on Canal st. he was even with my passenger door and just came over. when your lane ends wait and merge......
IMO he should of merged when it was safe to do so, even if it was 50 yards or more before the lane ended. And yes sometimes the traffic is so heavy south of 466, you have to merge when it is safe.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Sage

Also...when did anyone think it was a good idea to "stop" on a round about? Also doing illegal U-Turns because you've discovered you're going the wrong way---say THAT one twice today. Might also add one of them did it in front of other vehicler traffic.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Veteran member

When driving a car, seeing carts as we come up to a merge, I know they have to merge. Actually, WE have to merge. I know if I am even with the cart that is not merging, that is blocking, and someone is going to get hit. So as I come upon a merge area, if there is a cart directly beside me I either slow down to let them in front of me or, if I see it in enough time, speed up so they can get behind me. If they stay in their cart lane until the last minute it is fine with me.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,691 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
my #1 rule when approaching roundabout. DON'T BE beside SOMEONE IN ROUNDABOUT and be ready for the most stupidest maneuver ever seen while driving.
I totally agree with you. I never drive in a RAB with another driver beside. If they pull up even with me, I slow down so I can avoid them after whatever move they choose to make.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Gold member

Hey this is now a large city and we have a good number of idiots living here!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,564 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
When driving a car, seeing carts as we come up to a merge, I know they have to merge. Actually, WE have to merge. I know if I am even with the cart that is not merging, that is blocking, and someone is going to get hit. So as I come upon a merge area, if there is a cart directly beside me I either slow down to let them in front of me or, if I see it in enough time, speed up so they can get behind me. If they stay in their cart lane until the last minute it is fine with me.
I have no problem yielding to carts at the end of the diamond lane where they have to merge in with vehicles; the problem is with the idiots in the carts that are just tooling along in the diamond lane and immediately turn left to another street or entrance crossing the two lanes of traffic; it's a death wish for the cart drivers and a horrific memory for the person hitting them.

As a retired LEO, I really thought I had seen everything there is to see in life until I moved here and saw some of the unbelievable things drivers of carts and vehicles do.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 PM

I thought everyone was perfect here? I hate to see the ones on here calling people idiots, if this bothers people so much maybe they should move, it's pretty simple. Venture off that Utopia where everyone is perfect and never make mistakes.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

Since we’re on the subject of ‘stop it.’

On my most recent visit to TV I rented a cart. I was driving over a bridge (don’t know the name) towards LSL. The cart path has a curb on both sides. Coming from LSL in the opposite direction was a cart with an elderly gentleman driving. He had his left knee hanging out of the cart and his knee was across the centerline. I didn’t like the clearance so I pulled up against the curb, tires touching the curb and stopped. As he approached me I was certain he was about to lose his leg. I honked and waived but he didn’t appear to see me. When he did go past me I swear there was less than an inch between his knee and my cart. This could have ended in a real disaster with a man in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Beyond terrifying.

Please be careful folks.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Sage

I would have never believed it but I saw this with my own eyes.

Belvedere Blvd RAB. A woman was in the RAB on the left side and made a left turn going north on Buena Vista. Hard to explain but she never entered the RAB going around and then making a left on Buena Vista. She was looking around and looked thoroughly confused. Luckily, there was no one else in the RAB.

I try to exercise more patience at this time of the year as traffic is heavier. Hopefully, I can adjust for other people's mistakes as they may have adjusted for mine. Nobody is perfect.

Be careful out there!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Sage

This time of the year you can expect just about anything here. There are so many drivers who are unfamiliar with our traffic patterns. It is best to drive defensively. Every day I think I've seen it all and then something else will top it.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

This thread gave me an idea for a poll.

Since driving in TV is a never ending subject-I thought a poll was in order.

I wonder how many will admit to being a poor driver?
Old 01-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,564 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ChevyFI View Post
I thought everyone was perfect here? I hate to see the ones on here calling people idiots, if this bothers people so much maybe they should move, it's pretty simple. Venture off that Utopia where everyone is perfect and never make mistakes.
Had any close calls while driving around TV? Do you refer to them as "poor, misguided drivers" if you have?

Not a Utopia sense I live in, I just worked too damn many wrecks in my career from people driving like idiots. As you probably know, as people get older, motor skills start diminishing, and with that, comes risks while trying to function with everyday tasks (driving a car, driving a cart, walking across a street, etc.), so I do cut SOME people slack. On the other hand, the realist in me knows that there are some real idiot drivers here.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjkoz View Post
You can also include car drivers who try to beat golf carts to the merge because they will be delayed 20 seconds on their important trip to the supermarket
and the cart drivers who cut in front of drivers before the merge so they can beat the car because they will be delayed 20 seconds on their important trip to the golf course --or the supermarket
Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
You could include the dipsticks who turn left in the right hand lane at roundabouts.
I hit one recently. She was very indignate...said she had lived her for 10 yrs. and always drove that way. She was cited for failure to yield the right-of-way. I don't understand why this is sooo hard. There are signs indicating where you should be to go where you want, and arrows on the payment. Duh.
Closed Thread

Tags
stop, cart, driving, turn, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.