Stretched rug

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Default Stretched rug

I haven't seen this problem mentioned before ... I returned to my home (designer) after the summer to find that my bedroom rug had a giant "wrinkle" in it....the living room rug was fine and no change to the other bedroom rugs. First has anyone else experienced this problem? Second, any suggestions what to do? The house is only two years old. Cheap rugs used in new homes? Thanks for any help.....
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Sage

Very common problem in florida, especially if the carpet was installed during dry weather. I would give the original contractor a call, and if he won't help, I'm sure someone on totv will jump in with names and numbers for you.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Sage

I don't think it's an uncommon thing here, though it has taken 4 years for my carpets to need re-stretching...three bedrooms and master bedroom closet.

Some friends have used Dave's to have the carpets re-stretched. They seemed satisfied with the work done. Friends have installed laminate flooring to replace carpeting and are happy with it. It's something I'm considering, too.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 PM

pooh,
We used Dave's and they did a terrible job. There is whole threads on here about bad experiences with Dave's. I know they advertise a great deal in the Sun but I really urge people to research on this site about Dave's.

After two tries with Dave's we had to have it redone. Turns out the carpet was never put in right in the first place. Highly recommend -Absolute Carpet & Furniture Cleaning Inc.-
They fixed the padding so the rug was installed right. Excellent work. There number is 352-753-1516.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
pooh,
We used Dave's and they did a terrible job. There is whole threads on here about bad experiences with Dave's. I know they advertise a great deal in the Sun but I really urge people to research on this site about Dave's.

After two tries with Dave's we had to have it redone. Turns out the carpet was never put in right in the first place. Highly recommend -Absolute Carpet & Furniture Cleaning Inc.-
They fixed the padding so the rug was installed right. Excellent work. There number is 352-753-1516.
Thank you for the recommendation. Are they in Eustis? I'm still trying to decide if the carpets should be re-stretched or REPLACED...I'm opting for replacement, but not sure if Mike is....
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM

pooh,
I think they may be in Eustis. I know they are family owned and operated. They didn't have crews as they do the work themselves. They came out and looked at our problems and gave us the estimate.

It is a hard decision on choosing flooring. Good Luck!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Platinum member

We had to have our rugs stretched twice over about 6 years. The 2nd time stretched the carpet so much that the seams started showing. We finally ended up eventually pulling all the carpet and replacing it with tile. We like this so much nicer.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the help....I'd like to consider going to tile but I think the cost would be really high....I have a Iris designer....seems like alot of tile would be needed!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.