Surprises on TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Sage

I'm a bad speller with poor penmanship and I need to look at the keyboard when I type. Software helps just like reading glasses, hearing aids, escalators, moving walkways in the airport, google for my memory and pedal assist bicycles. I still think for myself.

Isn't this a pretty good time to be older?
Old 01-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Default Outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Some folks do not do well with the written word but I read their posts and learn just as much as those who have degrees in English. Actually what they write often makes more sense. It's not the manner in which it's offered but the content of their message.
Yours is my favorite comment on this thread and maybe my all time favorite comment on any thread on any forum anywhere by anyone.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudoll View Post
Yours is my favorite comment on this thread and maybe my all time favorite comment on any thread on any forum anywhere by anyone.
Awww....geeeee
Old 01-05-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Just curious, what surprised you the most about TOTV after you joined?

In my case, it was realizing that so many people do not read the entire thread before posting, say, an answer to a question, resulting in a long line of posts with the same answer.
Sorry, I'm guilty of commenting before reading through the thread because I don't want to be influenced. lol But then I read every post.
I'm surprised at how many folks read a thread compared to the low number of comments.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Our biggest surprise is people who don't treat other people with respect. Everyone has a differing opinion and personality and experiences in life and it ok to disagree, but if we had a New Year's resolution it would be for everyone to treat each other with respect on the website.

And yes we agree it is a small % who fall into that category.

TOTV Team
Respect. That is the word...it shocks me to learn that intelligent, high functioning adults, first, cannot withstand diasgreement without firing off words of childish resentment or parental rejection, and second, do not know they are resorting to belligerence and third, think it makes their argument more powerful.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

It takes all kinds of people to make up a forum and that is what we have w/TOTV. Knowledge, jokes, sales and more knowledge! Thank you all!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Just curious, what surprised you the most about TOTV after you joined?

In my case, it was realizing that so many people do not read the entire thread before posting, say, an answer to a question, resulting in a long line of posts with the same answer.
Signed on as a member in 2009. What a difference from then to now. Take a look at what just happened to the Kool Aide thread. I was drinking coffee and reading TOTV and thinking how wonderful it is so many people desire to live here and I'm one of the lucky ones that do. Then BAM, guess what happens again. I have disciplined myself to not read posts from certain individuals and specific threads. Dog poop, snowbirds, chair saving, roundabouts, mailbox stickers, grammar, spelling, and Leisureville are my own top of the list censors. Talk about beating dead horses (can I say that - probably an animal rights activist will beat me up now). Apparently I need two cups of coffee this morning.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Signed on as a member in 2009. What a difference from then to now. Take a look at what just happened to the Kool Aide thread. I was drinking coffee and reading TOTV and thinking how wonderful it is so many people desire to live here and I'm one of the lucky ones that do. Then BAM, guess what happens again. I have disciplined myself to not read posts from certain individuals and specific threads. Dog poop, snowbirds, chair saving, roundabouts, mailbox stickers, grammar, spelling, and Leisureville are my own top of the list censors. Talk about beating dead horses (can I say that - probably an animal rights activist will beat me up now). Apparently I need two cups of coffee this morning.

In all fairness Rustyp, and it makes me sad to read your post and being a firstborn, I first blame myself, in all fairness, the horse is a new horse to some, make that many.

Every day new folks come here and come up with the same erroneous conclusions that are often negative. Some of us are just hoping that Cousin Charlie who reads TOTV and is thinking about moving here isn't getting the wrong info.

Cousin Charlie would make a great villager and a perfect fourth at our Euchre table.

Cousin Charlie really doesn't exist, but nice folks who would enjoy this wonderful place just like we do are reading incorrect stuff. When you live here for awhile, you begin to love this place and become very proud of it.

It may be caused by the chip inserted in your neck when your picture is taken for your I.D. card.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Our biggest surprise is people who don't treat other people with respect. Everyone has a differing opinion and personality and experiences in life and it ok to disagree, but if we had a New Year's resolution it would be for everyone to treat each other with respect on the website.

And yes we agree it is a small % who fall into that category.

TOTV Team
Happy New Year to you and your team. And thanks for providing an opportunity to discuss, opine, and learn!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

However, it isn't cousin Charlie adding new threads on; Dog poop, snowbirds, chair saving, roundabouts, mailbox stickers, grammar, spelling, and Leisureville.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
However, it isn't cousin Charlie adding new threads on; Dog poop, snowbirds, chair saving, roundabouts, mailbox stickers, grammar, spelling, and Leisureville.

NO...but it is mostly a few posters trying to show the reality of the situation FOR good ole cousin Charlie. That would be me.

and you, Bogie Shooter. You always show the realistic side of situations.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:55 PM

I find TOTV wonderful, with all of you folks very sharing of what day to day life is like down in The Villages.

Still 2 - 3.5 years away from retirement at this point however I am continuously drawn to this board to read up on what matters most in that neck of the woods.

Thank you!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.