Swimming Pool Advice Needed

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2022, 06:21 AM

I enjoyed taking care of my pool up north and there was no such thing as a bird cage. That is a nice feature to keep pool cleaner.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:48 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFoot78 View Post
We had a pool in NJ. I did not want one in the Villages. The cost in time and money wasn't worth it. TV has plenty of pools that appear to be well-maintained. A pool is a hole in the ground you pour money into.
Agree 100% and we lived in South Florida before moving here. Did not have a heater and did not use pool November thru March. We used pool 20-30 times a year. Did not have a pool service and spent more time cleaning/maintaining it.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:33 AM
Default Your Cleaning Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadamsUSMC View Post
WOW, we must be lucky. We only pay $90 a month and we have the best guy possible. He takes care of the pool and even makes repairs if needed very reasonably. Our pool is always glistening.
Think a pool is a waste of money? Our grandson doesn't think so PLUS watch how many people get up from their chairs, get in the pool for maybe a minute, shiver (if you know what I mean), then get out. Nasty nasty
Are you willing to share the name and contact information for your cleaning service? THANKS!
Old 08-12-2022, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
All pools are high maintenance.Our pool guy said pools are holes in the ground into which you put money. Equipment has a finite life span. Scale from Florida water develops on the side of the pool, water chemistry is fussy. We do once a week, T&D. pool and spa. 155/month. There's a lot to know and if you don't, your pool chemistry can go bad very fast. Over a long time, we had rust stains in the pool from the Villages water. Difficult to remove, easy to prevent. If you want to see how complicated self-pool care can get, go to troublefreepool.com You'll see that pool care can very complicated. Good luck if you do it yourself.
I have a UV light system on my pool. Almost no chemicals, tabs every couple weeks, little acid, has floor cleaners, not much to do but float
Old 08-12-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsegur View Post
I have a swimming pool and would like to know how often I should have it serviced. Right now, it's being done weekly and its very expensive. I'm the only one that uses it. Any recommendations on how often and typical cost to have it serviced.
Had a pool for 25 yrs. My advise is have it removed and go to one if the 74 pools in TV.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,418 Times in 2,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiragirl View Post
Had a pool for 25 yrs. My advise is have it removed and go to one if the 74 pools in TV.
Update 108 pools.

Tags
swimming, pool, serviced, expensive, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.