Take This Seriously Folks

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 04-05-2020, 09:04 AM
ANT1075 ANT1075 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

yes LET'S ALL DO IT TOGETHER... and also think about the small things. I walk Moyer Loop a lot and have been noticing cigarette buts littering the road and sidewalks. Along with it looking terrible those butts may have the virus on them and can endanger those of us who walk and folks who are responsible for cleaning. Please keep your butts and throw away responsibly.
  #17  
Old 04-05-2020, 09:09 AM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,707
Thanks: 329
Thanked 2,245 Times in 541 Posts
Default

Going to neighborhood walmart soon (running out of veggies/protein etc) And will wear a mask for the first time - will be SUPER careful and aware of all surroundings re others, touching, etc. Will be interesting to see if others follow the 'rules'.
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
"Yesterday Belongs to History, Tomorrow Belongs to God, Today Belongs to Me"
  #18  
Old 04-05-2020, 09:10 AM
eschiavo eschiavo is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Default

My sympathy to you and family. A horrendous and heart braking ordeal. Thank you for posting and hoping more people take this evil virus more seriously. My prayers and thought are with all..God Bless
  #19  
Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 PM
Twiganne Twiganne is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The Villages, Fl
Posts: 41
Thanks: 485
Thanked 37 Times in 16 Posts
Default

The effect of the virus is not kidney failure. The kidney failure actually occurs because the body is not getting enough oxygen and organs fail because of it. You are right it is affecting a lot of people who have kidney failure. So it is associated with the virus because the virus effects the lungs and the lungs are unable to get enough oxygen to the organs. Doesn’t really matter now does it. I am so sorry for your loss of such a wonderful man.
  #20  
Old 04-05-2020, 01:52 PM
emjzurawski91@gmail.com emjzurawski91@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to emjzurawski91@gmail.com
Default

You talk about 20% of the people not wearing masks! Where can we get them??
  #21  
Old 04-05-2020, 02:45 PM
bob47 bob47 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santiago
Posts: 273
Thanks: 116
Thanked 129 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Thanks for the many thoughtful responses. If this post has helped anybody better understand what this COVID-19 is all about, my friend will be pleased.
  #22  
Old 04-05-2020, 03:36 PM
Linnberg Linnberg is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
Thanks: 6
Thanked 45 Times in 19 Posts
Default Not tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, and I know what that kind of loss does to a family, having lost my daughter.(not to the virus). At least some family were with him. I cannot think what it must be like for families who cannot be with their loved ones in their finals hours. WAKE UP FLORIDA and those who think the rules dont apply to them. Lake, Sumter and Marion Counties have a combined total of cases one quarter less than of that of Orange County alone. We must be doing something right LETS ALL DO IT TOGETHER. united we stand divided we fall.....
I'm sorry but what you say is not true regarding our count. We have NOT been tested except for a few who were able to get appointments at the Polo Grounds. The actual tests for people in The Villages is well under 2000. We have no idea how many may be walking around with it, waiting to show up or worse being asymptomatic. Until a large portion of Villagers are tested, we are all living under false "illusions"
  #23  
Old 04-05-2020, 04:07 PM
Finchs's Avatar
Finchs Finchs is offline
Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: CALUMET GROVE--Love the northside of The Villages!
Posts: 36
Thanks: 305
Thanked 39 Times in 15 Posts
Default Neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by towgo View Post
I went to Sams yesterday. (4/4). maybe 20% had masks. Either they are stupid or don't care about other people. very distubing.
I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
DUH. Toilet paper is easier to find right now, sir, than masks!
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.)
  #24  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:11 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjzurawski91@gmail.com View Post
You talk about 20% of the people not wearing masks! Where can we get them??
Quick and easy home made face covering videos are in abundance on YouTube. You can call it a mask if you like but our government is pleading with us to just cover our face.

This instructional video is very easy and basic. There are countless videos instructing how to make face masks using a sewing method or no sew method. There is also plenty of information online about which materials are best for the mask and which materials are best for adding a filter inside the mask.

DIY No Sew Face Mask Easy and Quick for Anyone - YouTube
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #25  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:14 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnberg View Post
I'm sorry but what you say is not true regarding our count. We have NOT been tested except for a few who were able to get appointments at the Polo Grounds. The actual tests for people in The Villages is well under 2000. We have no idea how many may be walking around with it, waiting to show up or worse being asymptomatic. Until a large portion of Villagers are tested, we are all living under false "illusions"
Let's not forget that a person sheds the virus for two days before showing symptoms also. I have no link for this information but I have heard this countless times on the news.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #26  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:18 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 4,768
Thanks: 306
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchs View Post
I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
DUH. Toilet paper is easier to find right now, sir, than masks!
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.)
You probably have the makings of a home made mask at your fingertips right in your house. Do you have a handkerchief, a cloth napkin, a paper towel? Do you have rubberbands or hair ties? Wha La......makings of a face covering and you don't even have to sew! This takes about a minute to assemble.
__________________
coffeebean
I've had both vaccine shots!
  #27  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:21 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,553
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,206 Times in 908 Posts
Default

If you have a scarf or even a t shirt you have a mask!!!
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #28  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Villageswimmer Villageswimmer is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,865
Thanks: 2
Thanked 643 Times in 225 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchs View Post
I am shopping without a mask because I can't find one to buy. You ever consider that???
DUH. Toilet paper is easier to find right now, sir, than masks!
My neighborhood is gathering supplies and I am borrowing a sewing machine to begin making masks for the hospital workers (and yes, I will finally get one myself because I am going to be able to make one.)
I went online and ordered a “Buff.” This is put over the head and sits on the neck like a turtleneck. When you need it, you simply pull it up to cover the mouth and nose. Looks comfortable and has 50SPF. Clearly, not N95 protection but it fits snugly (stretch fabric). I ordered mine on Amazon since I had difficulty with the Buff site. It was about $25. They come in lots of colors and patterns but most were sold out.
I am awaiting delivery so that’s all I know. We strictly stay home but if there’s an emergency requiring a doctor or store visit, I’ll be prepared.
  #29  
Old 04-06-2020, 05:44 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,553
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,206 Times in 908 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I went online and ordered a “Buff.” This is put over the head and sits on the neck like a turtleneck. When you need it, you simply pull it up to cover the mouth and nose. Looks comfortable and has 50SPF. Clearly, not N95 protection but it fits snugly (stretch fabric). I ordered mine on Amazon since I had difficulty with the Buff site. It was about $25. They come in lots of colors and patterns but most were sold out.
I am awaiting delivery so that’s all I know. We strictly stay home but if there’s an emergency requiring a doctor or store visit, I’ll be prepared.
We have something similar We put one or two layers of handkerchief material or paper towel (which ever allow easy breathing) over the mouth and nose then the stretch cover.
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #30  
Old 04-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Gpsma Gpsma is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 606
Thanks: 0
Thanked 422 Times in 122 Posts
Default

I have never been in more religious, church going community until i moved to the Villages....

Guess people forgot...

FEAR NOT, THE LORD GOD IS WITH YOU
Closed Thread

Tags
sister, nephew, doctor, told, put

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.