Tell me about the Village of Alhambra.

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Default Tell me about the Village of Alhambra.

Close to amenities? Older homes? Older residents or a good mix? Likes? Dislikes?
Old 06-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Close to Savannah Center; about 10-15 minute golf cart ride to Spanish Springs. Yes, homes are older but not old -- I think around 10-15 years. Mostly older folks but, as they die out, younger ones are moving in. Nice village; decent location (unless you're thinking of a golf cart ride to Brownwood).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-19-2014, 05:05 PM

No problem with odor from the water treatment plant to the east?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

Homes built in the mid 90's
Old 06-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Home to one of our families' favorite Villagers.

He is "livin' the dream.".
Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Default Alhambra

Drove by their entrance many times. I guess it is sort of an isolated village regarding borders and one entrance. Just curious do they have a rec center, pools and pickleball courts?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Drove by their entrance many times. I guess it is sort of an isolated village regarding borders and one entrance. Just curious do they have a rec center, pools and pickleball courts?
No. Savannah is very close and El Santiago isn't that far away but definitely not in walking distance.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Sage

El Diablo golf course is an excellent executive course and El Santiago is a good learning executive course. Very close to Alhambra!

Homes will have very little or no bond on them - saving you a lot of money when compared to the $23,000 - $50,000 on new houses. You will have mature landscaping. You will not be surprised by what might be built next to you. It is safer than those homes nearer to Wildwood.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Default We love Alhambra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieJo View Post
Close to amenities? Older homes? Older residents or a good mix? Likes? Dislikes?
We bought in Alhambra 2 years ago and love it here. Our home was built in 1999 and had a bond of approximately $1900 remaining. We are a quiet Village as there is only one way in by car and two ways by golf cart. We are on the other end from the treatment plant, but have never smelled anything. It takes us 15 minutes to get to Spanish Springs, 20-25 to Sumter Landing and 45 to Brownwood, all by golf cart. We do not have a rec center, but use the Santiago (5 minutes by golf cart) and Glenview pools. Many new people are moving in, but I do think I am one of the younger ones, I am 52. We do have a very active Alhambra Club and were welcomed with open arms when we moved in. Feel free to PM with any questions you may have and I will try to help.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Location: Long Island, NY - Gaithersburg, MD - Riyadh, KSA - Damascus, MD

I'm a new full time resident of Alhambra. Moving in on Tuesday
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramochaman View Post
I'm a new full time resident of Alhambra. Moving in on Tuesday
Welcome to the Village of Alhambra! We'll keep an eye out for the moving van!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Location: Long Island, NY - Gaithersburg, MD - Riyadh, KSA - Damascus, MD

I will be arriving Beverly Hillbillies style with a 4x8 U-Haul. Movers arriving around 6/25. Staying at the hotel at Sumter Landing until everything is in place. Need to buy furniture, golf car, etc. Very excited.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrafty View Post
We bought in Alhambra 2 years ago and love it here. Our home was built in 1999 and had a bond of approximately $1900 remaining. We are a quiet Village as there is only one way in by car and two ways by golf cart. We are on the other end from the treatment plant, but have never smelled anything. It takes us 15 minutes to get to Spanish Springs, 20-25 to Sumter Landing and 45 to Brownwood, all by golf cart. We do not have a rec center, but use the Santiago (5 minutes by golf cart) and Glenview pools. Many new people are moving in, but I do think I am one of the younger ones, I am 52. We do have a very active Alhambra Club and were welcomed with open arms when we moved in. Feel free to PM with any questions you may have and I will try to help.

Good morning. What a lovely and informative post!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
Sage
Default Why Buy in Alhambra?

1. Almost equal distance to SS and LSL. Very doable, by golf cart.
2. One gate entrance/exit. Unless a contractor needs to be in Alhambra, there is no through traffic, and I find it extremely peaceful, and quiet.
3. Short distance by golf cart to Publix, Walmart, Ace Hardware, and several restaurants on 466 via Wedgewood Ave. Even shorter, is the ride to the Saddlebrook Rec Center, access to softball fields, and the Polo Pony matches.
Another short ride to El Santiago pool for the kiddies. The Saddlebrook pool has a great view and is very nice. You can also buy tckets to the Savannah Center musical events and get guest passes.
4. Only a couple on minutes from The Savannah Center.
5. Going east on El Camino Real leads you to the big box stores, via Buenos Aires Blvd, and is very convenient in that within a five mile radius, there is Lowes, Walmart, Office Depot, Target, Bealls, Belk, Home Depot, Sam's, Kohls, Best Buy and Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc.
6. The Ahambra community hold a variety of events to get everyone invovled and publish a newsletter every month, Thing likes driveway parties, pool parirties, scavanger hunt followed by a get together at Glenview CC schedule for today. If your bored in Alhambra, it's your own fault as there are numerous events.

I drove my first realtor crazy by insisting I be exactly halfway beween SS and LSL, as he showed me houses in Alhambra,and I felt it was,way out of the way. Boy, was I wrong!!! I almost bought a house, back faced Morse Blvd. It would have been difficult, (15 to 20 minute wait), to get on Morse Blvd when the snowbird season starts up. WHEW, I'm glad I dodged that bullet!!!

A dear friend of mine convince to buy my house, as it was a corner unit, and I couldn't be happier!!!! Nice neighbors. My neighbor adjacent to me is in PA, and even when she is here, I never hear her. The neighbors across the way go to OH for six months. The lady behind me I have seen twice in one year, and only because, she was visiting my next door neighbor. It's so quiet, I can hear myself think!!!

Living large in Alhambra. I love it here!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-20-2014, 02:09 PM

a $6 street map will show you all site locations; you can't live here without one, unless you plan to stay at home (like many do).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.