Things that Annoy you

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2015, 06:12 PM

Come on, Friends! You are retired in Paradise! Just think back to when you worked a million hours a week and drove through ice and snow all winter long.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I will start. The items for sale and you send a pm to see item and 3 days later you get a pm back it's been sold. And they still don't mark SOLD.
That just happened to me. I didn't even get the courtesy of a PM. I PM'ed the seller and said that I would definitely take the item at the asking price. Someone posted asking if they would take less. I then posted that I would take it at the asking price. The next day the ad is marked SOLD.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
Yes! I totally agree and I just read this on another board, "They're missing the Golden Rule gene". Love it. Applies to way too many people here.
b

I too agree. BTW, we moved here from Woodstock, GA. Eagle Watch in Towne Lake
Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
b

I too agree. BTW, we moved here from Woodstock, GA. Eagle Watch in Towne Lake
No, kidding! We were almost neighbors! I moved here from Wyngate.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Mine has got to be people who sit and chat after completing their meal at restaurant tables while they can clearly see there are people waiting in line to get seated. This drives me crazy. I'm not talking about a minute or two or while they are waiting for a check etc.
Boy do I agree with you Mike. Last Mother's Day our party of six had to wait and wait at Oakwoods while the most self absorbed group, long finished dinner, and yakked and yakked and then took picutres of each other - all twelve of them. All the while they were maybe fifteen feet from many, many hungry people waiting for a table. The waiters and the manager couldn't budge them withthe usual courteous hints - like asking them if they wanted anything else. "Nope" they said and continued to redefine the word selfish.

Saw it again about a month ago over at Chefs of Napoli. This time when the 'all about me' people finally relinquished their three tables, a customer who had been watching and waiting, gave them a round of applause. Instead of being even a little bit embarrassed, one guy went literally beet red and wanted to start a fight.

Like Madelaine Amee said above, I really don't remember this type of rudeness in years past - honestly. Very sad commentary on the Boomers, very sad.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I used to get annoyed when young women in service jobs called me "Sweetie" or "Honey", but I found a way to stop them. I just start calling them "Sugar T*ts", and that seems to put us back on a less familiar basis fairly quickly.
Does it work all the time?
Old 03-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Unfortunately, I allow too many things to annoy me, but I think my pet annoyance would be the people who are so rude, so rude to servers in a restaurant, so rude to people in the grocery store, so rude and ignorant in their driving habits - how much time does it really take to let someone get out of a side street, etc. etc, and when I let you into the stream of traffic a slight acknowledgement would be very much appreciated. Does it really take much to say thank you, to hold a door open so that it does not slam in someone's face, to generally be polite as you go through life?

I do not remember people being this ignorant and rude when I was growing up, have we changed so much!
WOW!!! You sound like me....especially the rude ones in the resturants. I feel so bad for the servers when they are spoken to with such disrespect!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Does it work all the time?
To the extent that they no longer call me "Sweetie" or "Honey"......100% effective.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

People who move to some great place, and then proclaim that there should be no more houses/condos built because it would ruin it.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:20 PM

People in grocery stores or Walmart who park their baskets in the middle of the aisle, and don't bother to move when they see you trying to get by. Sometimes they walk away 15-20 feet and just leave their baskets there while they are 'looking'. Jeez....life is not just all about YOU.

People who talk so loudly on the cell phone in public places that it is obnoxious.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I used to get annoyed when young women in service jobs called me "Sweetie" or "Honey", but I found a way to stop them. I just start calling them "Sugar T*ts", and that seems to put us back on a less familiar basis fairly quickly.
This post definitely gets my vote for post of the day!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Gold member

When you are telling a person something and speaking quickly, and they finish your sentence for you with words you do NOT intend to say, as if you're not worthy of their time to listen for the next 3 seconds.

It's extremely rude!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:51 PM
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
When you are telling a person something and speaking quickly, and they finish your sentence for you with words you do NOT intend to say, as if you're not worthy of their time to listen for the next 3 seconds.

It's extremely rude!
Yes. Mine too. A "friend" did this to me and after finishing my sentence announced proudly, "I can talk faster than you can think" to which I replied "You can talk faster than you can think"
I used to begin my sentence again and again til I got it said.
But I now just let it go and they can converse with themselves for all I care.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:02 AM

Hmmm. How about threads that have been neutralized before you've had a chance to read all of the posts that were there? It's like coming up on a fight on the playground after a teacher has been called.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:22 AM
Veteran member
Default ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
People who don't use turn signals but still turn. Are you going straight or turning so I can make a move before other cars or carts come too close to make my move? For those who forgot to turn back the turn signals, though annoying, can be more forgiving.

I think it is against the law in Florida to use turn signals.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.