Things are begining to move

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Gcrisp,

Have you retained the right to continue to show your home? I don't want to be mama gloom and doom, but I have seen friends get burned with these "Hubbard Clauses." If your buyers home doesn't sell quickly, then you have effectively taken your house off the market - just at good time of year to sell. Also, some Hubbard's become dominoes as each buyer wants to protect themselves...

k
Yes, our home is still on the market. The buyer has "first right of refusal" if we recieve another offer/ At that point, the buyer has to remove the contingency or let the offer go. The inital period is 45 days, then we can give an extension or recend the offer. We still control the process.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
Yes, our home is still on the market. The buyer has "first right of refusal" if we recieve another offer/ At that point, the buyer has to remove the contingency or let the offer go. The inital period is 45 days, then we can give an extension or recend the offer. We still control the process.
Here's to hoping that all will fall into place for you. It really does just take one! Ours came on Christmas Eve - our own version of "It's a Wonderful Like."
Old 06-04-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
gracie and 2BNTV - Thank you for your compliments....you're makin' me blush! Best wishes to the both of you on getting your places sold - - - and everyone else as well who is in the same scenario. I'm just glad we ate our "humble pie" a few years back and were able to move on, painful as it was. But it's all in the past as far as we're concerned.

Bill
Bill I to took your advise several posts ago about pricing your home. We took it and sold in 6 days. For us the decision was easy do we want a healthy new lifestyle or stay and shovel snow. TOTV has so much valuable information. I posted awhile back saying everyone should visit TOTV before buying. We will be in TV to start our new life in about 9 days.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Sage

Thanks, oceangirl! Glad you had a quick sale..........and will be in TV shortly!

Bill
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
gracie and 2BNTV - Thank you for your compliments....you're makin' me blush! Best wishes to the both of you on getting your places sold - - - and everyone else as well who is in the same scenario. I'm just glad we ate our "humble pie" a few years back and were able to move on, painful as it was. But it's all in the past as far as we're concerned.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post

Bill I to took your advice several posts ago about pricing your home. We took it and sold in 6 days. For us the decision was easy do we want a healthy new lifestyle or stay and shovel snow. TOTV has so much valuable information. I posted awhile back saying everyone should visit TOTV before buying. We will be in TV to start our new life in about 9 days.
Bill:

Your welcome and it's a nice shade of red.

I also kept your advice in my mind when I lowered my price. Someone who is very interested is coming for a second look today. You said I was on the right track, Whoooo Hooooo.

The REA informed they will make an offer assuming they can get a loan through the FHA or HUD depending upon the condo association approving this type of lending. I will find out on Monday. I thought this was the REA job.

Hoping and praying that Gracie and you will be able to met me at The Lighthouse for dinner someday soon.

Till Then.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Interesting thread.
We too are getting ready to sell our home. We have interviewed three Realtors from the top Brokerage in our area. We've reviewed comps, and I have also studied the local Absorption Rate for our price range, etc....something that IMHO tells you a lot and most have no idea about.

Every area is different, as there are so many factors involved. Location, type of home, amount of the same type of home currently available, etc.

We've repainted every room, decluttered, taking great pains to make everything perfect. I just had a dumptruck load of black diamond mulch delivered. The wife is weeding and edging, basically making the outside look awesome. As soon as the mulch is off the driveway and spread I'll reseal the driveway to make it look brand new. The house is staged well, and will show great. I'm a licensed Home Inspector, and I designed and built this home myself, so my goal is that everything is perfect.

Our Florida home is already furnished, so we will hardly move anything at all. Anyway, as they say, every home has it's price. I think it is important to not allow it to get stale on the market.

The bummer is that many times you almost have to sell it twice....once to the potential buyer and then to their lending company....THEY also have to go along with the agreed to price. While I'll miss some things about western NY, we can't wait to start our new Florida life. Good luck and prayers to all who are on this path with us.....

Frank

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.