Third Bedroom/No Closet?????

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Gold member
Default Third Bedroom/No Closet?????

We've looked at houses in TV and on line and wondered how they could list it as a three bedroom house when it has no closet. Why not list as two bedrooms and a den. I know in MI, TN and AR where we have lived you can't list as a bedroom when selling unless it has a closet.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 02-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Third Bedroom/No Closet?????

Certainly agree that the house should be listed as 2 bedroom, den. That's the way mine was designated - and, while the closet would have been a nice addition in my "den," it would have seriously hampered my use of the room as a den!
SWR
Old 02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Gold member

Since there will be three of us we really need that third closet and we will be downsizing considerably.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 02-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Veteran member

The third "bedroom" is definitely a den or office. If a room has no closet it is NOT supposed to be advertised as a bedroom.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Sage

I think it's just a regional thing. I see slight differences in real estate (and other) advertising in different parts of the country. But you're right, it's a den LOLOL
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Eternal Member

TV does not advertise the 3rd room as a bedroom if it doesn't have a closet. I've got a Corpus Christi that is/was listed as a "2 Bedroom with Den, 2 Bath." It's likely only lazy or sloppy realtors who list them incorrectly. I gather TV no longer provides the nicely printed floorplan brochures as they did a couple years ago.

I couldn't live without my "non-bedroom". With the built-in bookshelves covering one wall, a too-big desk and chair, a small television, another bookshelf/etagere, and two computers, there's no room for anyone to sleep in here except when I doze on the PC.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Default Re: Third Bedroom/No Closet?????--FLOOR PLANS

Heres a great link for home buyers with most of the TV floor plans. I saved each one to my computer so as we were driving around we had a floorplan handy. Worked great!
Note: Some are modified slightly and some are flipped but they give you a pretty close idea of what you are/will be looking at, particularly older models.

http://www.lylesellsfla.com.preview....caf1afe5de.pdf

Once your browser is displaying the PDF file, just save the PDF to your computer for future reference.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.