Time for Snow Birds to go home

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 07:20 AM
Default Pitiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfish View Post
I think it's time for snow birds and spring breakers and visitors to head home. They are hoarding supplies to take back home. They have told me so in the grocery stores. They are sucking up our resources and possibly getting this virus and then staying here and spreading it. In normal times we would welcome these people but not this year.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. Snow birds will hardly be making an impact on the national supply chain of goods, anymore than year round residents. What happened to a nation sticking together and no man left behind! I am ashamed at the selfishness of this quote. I really hope there isn’t a day that those of us in The Villages will need help from some one outside that you pushed out. Good luck on your own.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:27 AM

And while we are at it, let's just label all hoarders with a big scarlet "H". *dripping with sarcasm*
Sheesh! More and more TV reminds me of that tv show about the dome. Bubble indeed!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-24-2020, 07:34 AM

Take it easy
Show some love. Sometimes people say things without thinking first.
I have snow bird friends and I hope they stay.
I love and miss them when they go and look Forward to there return.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:35 AM

WOW - really?

You DO realize many of the resources wouldn't be available if it weren't for the people that are paying at least double for the amenities (we pay taxes and amenity fees for all 12 months) that exist?

We payed the same bond, and full time residenohave beenong time beneficiaries of that "generosity".

Let's be kind and helpful, use only what we need and care for those who need our help.

Last edited by mcwood4d; 03-24-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:42 AM

If they are not welcome now then they should keep that in mind for next year. They are all currently leaving and the April people are not coming down. Watch your property values go down if that’s the way the friendliest town in the USA is going to treat people who drove your economy the past years.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, time, snow, birds, possibly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.