Top Tier Gas at BJ'S

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2023, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,934 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ton80 View Post
I worked for a major Refiner but use gasoline from several brands based on price and convenience. Differences in additives will show in the long run if at all. The various Refiners /Marketers know what the competition uses. Sam's, BVJ's, Wawa etc. gasoline started out as the same petroleum pipeline quality.

I think RG 123 had it correct that Top Tier is a marketing license mostly reflecting more additives. All of the major Brands are Top Tier.
FACT CHECK:True

As a former gasoline oil tanker captain, picking up gas at refineries and distributing it, this is absolutely correct!

Customers’ gas is blended at the rack, where the gas is loaded to the tanker truck for delivery. Minuscule amounts of additives for marketing purposes.

Octane level is the key difference, as only two grades are blended/distibuted at the refinery. Minimum and maximum octane. Mid grade is blended at the car pump.

Regular any brand is fine for all retirement vehicles, as modern engines are built for regular.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
A number of years ago my Dad drove a gasoline delivery truck in Omaha, NE. He would go to a tank farm for the gas. ... A driver simply hooked up with any unused pipe to fill their tanker. ... Didn't matter what brand the station was that needed gas, it all came from the same pipes at the terminal. The large storage tanks had no markings on them indicating any brand name.
Are you telling me that I've wasted countless dollars over the years, paying extra, to "put a tiger in my tank" LOL

https://www.woorillacaught.com/put-a...-in-your-tank/

Fred
Old 07-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Default Find it here

Fuel Stations - TOP TIER™

Hyundai recommends it for the new Tucson.
Old 07-02-2023, 07:13 AM

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding…. We have a winner! Absolutely correct. I worked for Shell Oil Company for many years. The only difference is the additive package.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, top, tier, bj’s, bjs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.