Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Founder
Default TOTV nite at Naples in Leesburg

Two seatings 5 or 7 p.m.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

May all of you have a wonderful time!
We won't be back down there until April, and am hoping to make a Crisper's lunch then.
We look forward to meeting many of you....enjoy a nice time of good food and fellowship......

Frank
Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage

Please tell us about it tomorrow. Hope all had fun!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Gold member
Unhappy

My wife and I went to the 5PM seating. When we arrived the hostess looked for our name and then seated us in a booth. As far as I could tell there looked like about 16 people there that were totv people. My problem is that we didn't meet anyone from our group as we were sitting by ourselves and if I wanted to just talk to my wife I could have stayed home. I'm probably not the most outgoing person and didn't really want to walk up to people on our way out but if there are future events such as this it would have been much better to have everyone sitting at a long table (or at least at a table that seats 6 or 8) so that we would have a better chance to meet others. Sitting in separate booths just does not cut it for an "event" such as this. Just wanted to throw this out. I'm curious to see what others thought.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
My wife and I went to the 5PM seating. When we arrived the hostess looked for our name and then seated us in a booth. As far as I could tell there looked like about 16 people there that were totv people. My problem is that we didn't meet anyone from our group as we were sitting by ourselves and if I wanted to just talk to my wife I could have stayed home. I'm probably not the most outgoing person and didn't really want to walk up to people on our way out but if there are future events such as this it would have been much better to have everyone sitting at a long table (or at least at a table that seats 6 or 8) so that we would have a better chance to meet others. Sitting in separate booths just does not cut it for an "event" such as this. Just wanted to throw this out. I'm curious to see what others thought.

John
Yeah, John, I'm with you. We arrived about 4:55 and I think were the only ones there. Myself, Redwitch and my new BFF Jodie. It was a bit of a drive there, got lost once, chatted and the waitstaff took our order. I noticed a couple of couples wandering in, one couple knew Red and moved their table with us, but other than that I don't know who is who and no one seemed to indicate that they they were TOTVers. I guess I was thinking someone was organizing this to be a meet and greet. I enjoyed my table mates and if I had known you, I'd have invited you in, but I had no indication of who was who. I hope you and your wife enjoyed a night out. The food was ok. The conversation much better!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post

John
Looks like your situation was similar to ours. We sat at a table by ourselves, however there was another table for 8 right next to us. As best as I could tell that made a total of 10 TOTVers. Fortunately, we were close enough that we could have a limited conversation with a few of the others.

On the other hand, we thought the food was great. I had Gnocci and my wife had the shrimp risotto. (sp) We'll be back in the future for sure!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Don't know why, but I expected it to be set up as individual tables (maybe the way reservations were made?), but I was really hoping I was wrong. I saw a few people that I thought might be TOTVers but certainly didn't feel comfortable going up and asking if they were part of TOTV. I think Naples missed a chance to make it a great experience -- one where we might want to go back for that experience -- instead of just a regular dinner with great service and okay food.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Gold member

I'm glad that there were others that felt the same way. We were sitting in the last booth by the window and there was a group of 5 seated nearby. We have eaten at Naples a few times and always enjoyed the food. I wouldn't mind doing this again if the table arrangements were different. I certainly would have liked to meet others. Scrapple, redwitch, and Jodie were at the nearest table but I didn't know them. It would really have been nice to join in.

John

Old 01-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Default totv

What happen to eveybody? There was 4 at 5:00 and 2 at 7:00.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

John, wished we'd known you were at that corner table. I wondered if you were one of us. I guess if we ever do something like this again, we'll all have to be brave enough to ask if others in the room are part of our group and then ask to be seated together.

Charles, I think you'll discover there were several people there -- they just didn't seat us together, not even in the same area or room, I think.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Gaines View Post
Where were you Charles? Did you attend both seatings? The Villages Florida
There were a total of 10 of us TOTVers in the center tables at 7:00 and I have no idea if there were any in the booths.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Gaines View Post
We didn't know it was planned until it was over.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:17 AM

It sounds like the 5pm group was spread out. My wife and I went to the 7pm group and when we came in a few minutes before 7pm we were asked if we wanted a table or booth. We said we wanted a table. The waitress then stated that there was already a group here from TOTV and asked if we wanted to join them. We said yes and they added another table to the group.

Skyguy79 you must have been at the other end so we didn't get a chance to talk with you. When I mentioned to someone that I used to live near Albany, NY someone mentioned I should talk to you. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to speak with you because all the food came out then.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
John, wished we'd known you were at that corner table. I wondered if you were one of us. I guess if we ever do something like this again, we'll all have to be brave enough to ask if others in the room are part of our group and then ask to be seated together.

Charles, I think you'll discover there were several people there -- they just didn't seat us together, not even in the same area or room, I think.
I thought that the tables were pre assigned by Naples. They looked at the computer at the front and then seated us. I assumed that was where we were to sit.

John

Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Default TOTV night at Naples

Well, I agree that a great opportunity was missed. This was my first TOTV get-together & as such I had absolutely no idea if there were any other "members" in the restaurant other than Scrapple & Redwitch until Redwitch recognized a young couple who had just purchased their future retirement home & asked them to join us. In future, it would be nice if we ALL could be seated together. Seems as though it's a no brainer for the restaurant to do so IF they're aware that there will be a group coming.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.