Transient Tax

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2020, 02:03 PM

Did you refund 2 weeks of rent?
Old 03-20-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue422mayer View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I have to pay the whole rental tax on the first of the month that the renters are renting since that is when I received the rental payment. I was not aware you can pay a month after. I would get hit with a late fee if that was done. I figured how much was paid and the amount for 15 days vacant would come to $140.00 that I am looking at getting a refund for. Why should the state get that if the rental was vacant? And yes I am refunding the difference to the renters for when they had to leave. I know times are bad now and these are issues that never had to come up before, I want to help others in the same situation.
I'm set up quarterly on line here:

https:// (space) ritx-fl-sales.bswa.net/
<Remove the (space) in the above link....they won't let me post complete links>

(THEY call it "sales and use tax", and it's 9% total in Sumter Co....THEY split it FOR you)

If you don't have renters for the quarter, you just put in $0.00

I only rent through April, so I'm set up to pay the first quarter April 17th. (have a reminder set on my phone calendar)
My renters are leaving early to go back to Canada today, and I'm giving them a refund.
Since it's set up this way, I can just adjust the total, in THIS case..

You can pay right on line.

Hope this helps,

Chris Mayer
(MY Wife is Susie Mayer)
Old 03-22-2020, 06:30 AM

The Transit/Hotel/rental tax is 9% for Sumter county. 10% for Marion County. 11% for Lake county.
Closed Thread

Tags
transient, tax, month, weeks, florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.