Trash Collections in Village of Piedmont

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2007, 08:59 AM
Default Trash Collections in Village of Piedmont

For the last month or so,the trash collectors have been collecting the trash from 8 or 10 homes at a time in a pickup truck and depositing it in front of a corner home,or in front of other peoples homes,some times blocking the catch basins that let the rain water in to the sewers, later in the day the bigger truck arrives to pick up all the big piles of trash that were left there. All day long these piles of trash make the area look very awful,bags break open,the smell is terrible and could result in rat infestation.( from where I came when they moved trash from one location area to another it was called a transfer station) We sure do not want our area to be a trash collection point.
After calls to the trash collection company,I have been told that they have trucks broken down and are getting repaired,same problem week 2, same problem week 3 ect. I mentioned that they could could possibly use some new equipment.(no comment from them).After many calls to village dispatch,and village Gov.I cannot find out who is responsible for subletting this contract to a company that cannot handle the job.
This last comment is for the Village Developer (I am sure they read these posts) I don't think you would let a trolley with potential customers ride throught this area during this time.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Default Re: Trash Collections in Village of Piedmont

If I saw something like that even around a construction site, I would conclude that the builder/developer did not care and I would feel the same way about their buildings. This type of problem can spread.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.