Trespassing

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Trespassing

I've seen the RV house, atrociously ugly. Glad I'm not living next to or needing to drive past it...I feel sorry for the neighbors.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
I've seen the RV house, atrociously ugly. Glad I'm not living next to THAT...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

Storing a expensive?? RV in its own garage.....priceless...
Old 04-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Trespassing

[QUOTE=kstew43;1042758]Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

If I were in the market for a house and I found a house that met ALL my needs including location at a bargain price but that atrocity was within an eyeshot, I wouldn't buy the house. Plain and simple it's an architectural nightmare. IMHO of course...
Old 04-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Trespassing

Old 04-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
So glad that that mausoleum is not in or even close to my neighborhood! How can the owner not be surprised over the consternation that her house has created? I have been told that she is a lovely lady and if folks really want to see the place they should try doing their drive-bys in the evening when she is there to check on the day's progress.

Did a drive-by myself a week or so ago and saw the realtor lock on the front door - but the door from the bus garage to the kitchen was wide open. I guess someone messed up that day!
Cool I didn't know you could build your own mausoleum to store you're dead. Beats driving to the cemetery to put flowers on a grave.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
This reminds me of a New York State Senator who "trespassed" in a new construction house, fell and injured himself and 6 months later had the audacity to sue the owner of the house for his injuries. Needless to say he wasn't re-elected even though he had been in office almost 30 years.

We were building a house with an amazing view of the ocean and there was a ship's watch. It was at roof level and during construction there were no hand rails and only steps 30 feet up. As we drove up one day there were people 30 feet up, 20 mph winds, and no railings. We had a temporary fence put in the next day. The Senators irrational behavior is too common these days and you can't be too careful, even on your own private property.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

The house is beautiful and will surely be an asset to the historic side which I feel is a beautiful area to begin with. We often wish we had bought there. Wish I could afford a house like that and and RV to store with it! Lucky person who owns it and saw the beauty in the historic side and chose to make that their home!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
The new RV garage home, one of several in the Villages is being built at 1327 E. Schwartz Blvd and was approved by ARC.
I would like someone to come up with a single issue that the ARC could actually disapprove. ARC "rules" use the term aesthetics a lot. Aesthetics is a term that has a multitude of meanings, the most used is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....Simply put, what is ugly to one person might be beautiful to another. ARC can only refuse to approve those issues that are clearly and specifically spelled out in the covenants. For example unattached out buildings or roof top TV antennas.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

To all the nay sayers who think that RV garages are an eyesore, the only difference is that they are larger.

If any of you have ever been through some of the exclusive residential areas in Las Vegas, you would be put to shame for the words you utter.
These garages there in no way detract from the homes and/or the neighborhoods, and I'm speaking of homes that run in the millions!

Some of the remarks on this thread sound like sour grapes to me!

Old 04-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer;1042922[B
]I would like someone to come up with a single issue that the ARC could actually disapprove. [/B]ARC "rules" use the term aesthetics a lot. Aesthetics is a term that has a multitude of meanings, the most used is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....Simply put, what is ugly to one person might be beautiful to another. ARC can only refuse to approve those issues that are clearly and specifically spelled out in the covenants. For example unattached out buildings or roof top TV antennas.
It happens Warren. It happens. They disapproved a person's fountain. They disapproved a person's request for fencing. And if you put it in and it is against the rules, they will fine you.

Be very glad we have ARC and deed restrictions. It raises our property values.

I recall when you posted that a neighbor added something you didn't like, but apparently it was approved by ARC.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and if you drive by the homes south of 466 where the deed restrictions are "strictest", you will find nothing to halt your eyes and no colors, now with the latest restrictions , to make you shudder.

It's all good. Three cheers for ARC.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I would like someone to come up with a single issue that the ARC could actually disapprove. ARC "rules" use the term aesthetics a lot. Aesthetics is a term that has a multitude of meanings, the most used is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....Simply put, what is ugly to one person might be beautiful to another. ARC can only refuse to approve those issues that are clearly and specifically spelled out in the covenants. For example unattached out buildings or roof top TV antennas.
Just for the record, if the roof provides the best reception, the ARC CANNOT ban the siting of an antenna there. Federal law trumps all the others.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
To all the nay sayers who think that RV garages are an eyesore, the only difference is that they are larger.

If any of you have ever been through some of the exclusive residential areas in Las Vegas, you would be put to shame for the words you utter.
These garages there in no way detract from the homes and/or the neighborhoods, and I'm speaking of homes that run in the millions!

Some of the remarks on this thread sound like sour grapes to me!

Have seen those RV garages in Las Vegas/Henderson and can NOT be shamed when I say that they are as unattractive there as is the one here in the historic neighborhood!

Perhaps when the rest of the houses along E/W Schwartz build their RV garages the house being built will not appear to detract from the environs!

Do you believe that because a home costs 'in the millions' that it cannot be a detraction?

Old 04-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Have seen those RV garages in Las Vegas/Henderson and can NOT be shamed when I say that they are as unattractive there as is the one here in the historic neighborhood!

Perhaps when the rest of the houses along E/W Schwartz build their RV garages the house being built will not appear to detract from the environs!

Do you believe that because a home costs 'in the millions' that it cannot be a detraction?
I agree with you (now don't faint, nj) Those RV garages are UGGGGGly! I've seen a whole housing development of them close to Polk City (Mount Olive Shores). Yuck. The only saving grace with the one in TV is that they made the builder put it on the side instead of facing the street.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

How would the owner or builder or anyone know that some people are trespassing? Does the house have internal and external security cameras in place? Are the people who drop in to look around leaving trash or graffiti or other evidence? If workers are there when passers-by walk around, I don't see the problem. Ask them to leave. If worry about possible damage is that high, the owner needs to make sure the house is secure. I honestly can't envision too many Villagers breaking a window or climbing up a second story balcony to break in.

So, yeah. Skeptical.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Of course any garage can be a detraction regardless of price. Once again, you missed the point.
The houses in Vegas that are priced in the millions to which I referred, and are practically all done in good taste.
Deed restriction require that!

As for the property in the historic area, the garage is on the side. So what is your problem with that?
My guess is that you live in that area and just don't want to see change -- change which is for the better, I might add.
Some of those houses are pretty dumpy and need a facelift -- or more!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.