Trolls!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Yes! If you would like to see what your Village can become without lawn ornament/yard art restrictions, take a ride thru the historic side's original villages!
I think the historic side is the only part of The Villages with any charm or personality. It's a shame all of us can't show some color or originality in our bland neighborhoods.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Only One?

Am I the only one that thinks a "Pink Plastic Flamingo" in the front yard is an affront to any normal thinking person. Or a white cross in the front yard which is clearly meant to indicate this is a"Christian" community and you might not be welcome if you are Jewish or Muslim? How about homes that look like they are a whole sale rock yard business? And then we have the ones who have to boast about their political preference using their front yards to try to convince people to follow their lead. What other terrible reasons are some of the owners using to disgrace our wonderful community?? Yes, I am totally in favor of DEED RESTRICTIONS and the control of those who want to express their personal ideas by using my community to do so. You signed the promise when you bought now do so.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Am I the only one that thinks a "Pink Plastic Flamingo" in the front yard is an affront to any normal thinking person. Or a white cross in the front yard which is clearly meant to indicate this is a"Christian" community and you might not be welcome if you are Jewish or Muslim? How about homes that look like they are a whole sale rock yard business? And then we have the ones who have to boast about their political preference using their front yards to try to convince people to follow their lead. What other terrible reasons are some of the owners using to disgrace our wonderful community?? Yes, I am totally in favor of DEED RESTRICTIONS and the control of those who want to express their personal ideas by using my community to do so. You signed the promise when you bought now do so.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 AM

Right on! Follow the rules. Respect our community standards or move out.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmark33 View Post
Approximately two weeks ago a community standards representative came by and told me I must remove the white cross from my front yard. It was apparently reported by a “troll“. I have taken the necessary steps to correct this deficiency. However, in going around our community in tall trees I find white crosses all over the place, along with other numerous violations of yard ornaments and and unkept yards. I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported. If the person who reported me for the cross would like to come by my house at 2166 Smoaks , I would be happy to introduce them to my style of religion.
There is a law suit over this issue and the way the rules are enforced. You may get to put it back fairly soon.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down How Sad!

How sad that someone or multi someones are suing to restore a "Lawn Ornament that is a Cross" in order to try to force the total Community to allow personal choice's as lawn Ornaments! We are Christian's but don't need to brag about it as it is a personal matter and we respect all beliefs and religions as long as they are within the limits of the law. I am surprised some of the Ministers, Preachers, etc have not spoken up to defend the need to respect all beliefs and religions. We have wonderful Jewish Neighbors and I am ashamed to see them have to one more time overlook the racism indications by allowing the embarrassement display of what could be construed as anti non christian.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
There is a law suit over this issue and the way the rules are enforced. You may get to put it back fairly soon.
Don't hold your breath.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I heard that when they find a vaccine for the virus, the micro chip implant injected at the same time, will be able to track Deed Restriction infringements as well!
Old 07-30-2020, 09:45 AM

The original idea behind the small white crosses was: "Spread the word without saying a word". That isn't biblical. Nowhere in the Bible were we told to be passive about our faith. Have you ever read a news article about the success of a passive search and rescue? I haven't. You can look at this as someone's objection to your beliefs, or as someone else nudging you to get up and live your beliefs. If you prefer to cling to the passive route, look into getting your driveway painted. I've seen some beautiful designs that incorporate religious symbols.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
You certainly are not the only one who thinks that way. People who like the current system have no reason to become vocal.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
How sad that someone or multi someones are suing to restore a "Lawn Ornament that is a Cross" in order to try to force the total Community to allow personal choice's as lawn Ornaments! We are Christian's but don't need to brag about it as it is a personal matter and we respect all beliefs and religions as long as they are within the limits of the law. I am surprised some of the Ministers, Preachers, etc have not spoken up to defend the need to respect all beliefs and religions. We have wonderful Jewish Neighbors and I am ashamed to see them have to one more time overlook the racism indications by allowing the embarrassement display of what could be construed as anti non christian.
The main part of the lawsuit brought by the ACLU is the way the rules are enforced. I believe the way the rules are enforced will be changed because of the suit.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
The main part of the lawsuit brought by the ACLU is the way the rules are enforced. I believe the way the rules are enforced will be changed because of the suit.
Hopefully not

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-31-2020, 05:38 PM

Why put a cross outside in front of your home, ? Why not in your back garden. I really don't get it.

How would you like it if all of a sudden a Hammer & Sickle were displayed here and there.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTho View Post
Why put a cross outside in front of your home, ? Why not in your back garden. I really don't get it.

How would you like it if all of a sudden a Hammer & Sickle were displayed here and there.
Or a pentagram, like this:

Cast Iron Pentagram / Pentacle Yard Stake Wiccan Witch | #169997310
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
IF true, this unfortunate and will end up costing us, the residents, money. Can you cite a source for this information?
Closed Thread

Tags
reported, cross, person, yard, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.