Grade of A in creative marketing writing

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,941 Times in 930 Posts
Default Grade of A in creative marketing writing

Quote:
The Black Lake Walking Path near Lake Miona opened in 2022. The path, which wound up costing $840,000, was nicknamed the “million dollar mile” by one official, after the cost of the project continued to climb.

The path, which was closed in January 2023 for warranty repairs, has continued to experience drainage problems.

The Project Wide Advisory Committee discussed the status of the walking trail at Monday’s meeting at SeaBreeze Recreation Center. Mike Harris of District Property Management reminded PWAC members that the path was constructed in a wetland in very mucky conditions. The location was chosen for its breathtaking view of Lake Miona and the path has become extremely popular.

Harris said the water is coming from “rain coupled with irrigation.” He noted the warranty on the trail has expired.“We are going to have maintenance issues we are going to have to address,” Harris added.
This is an A in creative marketing writing in this write up.

1) There is not a breathtaking view of Lake Miona on this path.
2) The million dollar mile is a typical overspend in the villages to improve with the changing times, and the path wasn't even a mile, so they had to add a loop.
3) Maintenance issues is a nice restatement of a correction of a failure of engineering and planning just to get something done.
4) path is in wetlands, which by definition is man made 3 feet of dirt over a swamp's water level.

I don't know enough of the particular details, but i will say whomever is part of the selection process and bidding process, shouldn't really be continuing in this capacity.

Change my mind.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

I agree. That project was slap it together as fast as we can. I seemed to have missed the beautiful scenic views, as well. Gotta love how Villages press is always written in the utmost positive manner. Kool-aid, anyone?

Last edited by Randall55; 01-08-2024 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I agree. That project was slap it together as fast as we can. I seemed to have missed the beautiful scenic views, as well. Gotta love how Villages press is always written in the utmost positive manner.
“Positive”, unless you happen to be critical of the development or the developers.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,174 Posts

It's all nature, nothing is wrong. Everything is great. Look at all the stuff we get for our modest amenity fee! Activities, beautiful landscaping, stores and restaurants! Just think about how horrible it is everywhere else! Remember you could be living next to a federal prison. Or you could have alligators in your back yard. Or you could have substandard hospital care! Or you could have to pay more for your home insurance than anywhere else in the country! Or you could live in a development in an area known for sinkholes and wake up one day to discover your driveway no longer exists! Or you could live in a state that has boil water notices SOMEWHERE in it, every week! Or - or -

oh wait. Hm. Nope we live in the best community, of the best state in the country and should be grateful and thankful, and never complain or criticize.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,297 Times in 5,461 Posts

Did this with my kids for first time two weeks ago. Was a pleasant walk. Was surprised it did not loop around but came to an end.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,153 Times in 577 Posts
Default A mess

You are spot on. It’s kind of like the circular tower built in Middleton to mimic and confuse the ugly skyline of the noisy cement factory. Decorative, maybe. Confusing the skyline of the cement beast, no!

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 01-08-2024, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
You are spot on. It’s kind of like the circular tower built in Middleton to mimic and confuse the ugly skyline of the noisy cement factory. Decorative, maybe. Confusing the skyline of the cement beast, no!
///////
Old 01-08-2024, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,275 Times in 2,833 Posts

What’s the point of a walking trail that doesn’t allow one to bring along their dog. Our dog needs to walk/run several times per day, we don’t have enough free time to waste going for walks without our four legged companion and still have remaining time to enjoy all the other fun activities the Villages offers.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:47 PM

I think there’s a business here for professional dog walkers!
Old 01-08-2024, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
What’s the point of a walking trail that doesn’t allow one to bring along their dog. Our dog needs to walk/run several times per day, we don’t have enough free time to waste going for walks without our four legged companion and still have remaining time to enjoy all the other fun activities the Villages offers.
Reply from a dog addict here... I think it's a good thing to have something for everyone. Despite owning and loving dogs down through the years, we know that not everyone feels the same. Owning dogs is a personal decision that comes with restrictions that you buy into from the start.
From the street as I drive by, the trail looks enticing. Maybe someday I will leave the dogs behind and go walk it. That would be for my own enjoyment. I don't mind that they're not allowed. There are many other places for them to enjoy.
As for who engineered the path and how fast it was built, I guess I'm not surprised. It does surprise me that it is so narrow. It's pretty much a one-way "street."
Old 01-08-2024, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,297 Times in 5,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Reply from a dog addict here... I think it's a good thing to have something for everyone. Despite owning and loving dogs down through the years, we know that not everyone feels the same. Owning dogs is a personal decision that comes with restrictions that you buy into from the start.
From the street as I drive by, the trail looks enticing. Maybe someday I will leave the dogs behind and go walk it. That would be for my own enjoyment. I don't mind that they're not allowed. There are many other places for them to enjoy.
As for who engineered the path and how fast it was built, I guess I'm not surprised. It does surprise me that it is so narrow. It's pretty much a one-way "street."
When we walked it a few Saturdays ago, very few people there and no problem walking two abreast for large distances of the trail
Old 01-09-2024, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
When we walked it a few Saturdays ago, very few people there and no problem walking two abreast for large distances of the trail
It looks like a pleasant trail. I'm glad they thought to add a walking trail north of 466A.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:40 AM

I like this trail, but it has been a problem from day one for some reason.
The Villages does everything so extremely well that it's hard to understand.
Maybe they put the next generation in charge of this, as a pre-engineering project to gain admittance into the university.

Smile and enjoy it and know that TV will probably widen it someday, the way it should have been designed.

It's actually quite lovely.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:18 AM
Default Miona path

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
This is an A in creative marketing writing in this write up.

1) There is not a breathtaking view of Lake Miona on this path.
2) The million dollar mile is a typical overspend in the villages to improve with the changing times, and the path wasn't even a mile, so they had to add a loop.
3) Maintenance issues is a nice restatement of a correction of a failure of engineering and planning just to get something done.
4) path is in wetlands, which by definition is man made 3 feet of dirt over a swamp's water level.

I don't know enough of the particular details, but i will say whomever is part of the selection process and bidding process, shouldn't really be continuing in this capacity.

Change my mind.
I walked this beautiful path many times. It is perfect for us elderly as it is flat, short, and scenic. Quit complaining and enjoy this amazing place.
Old 01-10-2024, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's all nature, nothing is wrong. Everything is great. Look at all the stuff we get for our modest amenity fee! Activities, beautiful landscaping, stores and restaurants! Just think about how horrible it is everywhere else! Remember you could be living next to a federal prison. Or you could have alligators in your back yard. Or you could have substandard hospital care! Or you could have to pay more for your home insurance than anywhere else in the country! Or you could live in a development in an area known for sinkholes and wake up one day to discover your driveway no longer exists! Or you could live in a state that has boil water notices SOMEWHERE in it, every week! Or - or -

oh wait. Hm. Nope we live in the best community, of the best state in the country and should be grateful and thankful, and never complain or criticize.
You best be moving out of that godforsaken place😆
Closed Thread

Tags
path, lake, harris, miona, continued

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.