Undate of The Enclave in the The Village of Dabney

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2024, 10:23 AM
Default Undate of The Enclave in the The Village of Dabney

In this video I will give you a construction update for The Villages of Dabney focusing on the Enclave and its premier homes which is part of Dabney, This is the tenth video in the series.

https://youtu.be/q1e5zTzRw8M
Old 01-10-2024, 03:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,206 Times in 570 Posts

Oh no. Another new youtuber in TV.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

Bigger question are the rules and regs being observed. Just watched a drone fly over people yesterday at a neighborhood pool, too close for comfort. Kids are back in school so can’t blame them.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-10-2024 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,568 Times in 3,129 Posts

The narrator's voice is lacking crispness, so it just sounded like a lot of mumbling to me.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,542 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Bigger question are the rules and reps being observed. Just watched a drone fly over people yesterday at neighborhood pool, too close for comfort. Kids are back in school so can’t blame them.
It is extremely unfortunate that many drone operators (calling them pilots would be disrespecting the thousands of good drone pilots out there) that have no regard for the laws governing drone operations. Having been flying drones for over 7 years now I have seen many people do stupid things with them - flying near airports, over football stadiums with games in play, flying over crowed cities and busy roadways, flying beyond line of sight, flying over the town squares when full of people, the list goes on and on. These few people give a bad name to so many people who work hard to follow the law and cause a backlash that hurts everyone. The I say everyone, I mean everyone, drone pilots and normal citizens alike.

Few people realize what impact drones are having on their lives. What I and most other pilots do impacts few. There are many areas where drones make an impact - fire/police/military is one that most people think of, Hollywood film productions have changed dramatically because of drones. These are all a drop in the bucket compared to the biggest market impact - agriculture. Drones are playing two key roles in agriculture today - crop/field assessment and crop spraying/treatment. The below video shows a smaller ag drone being used to treat a field.

https://youtu.be/1aWcKNJLuc0?si=vsdjwkDJaMZWS0Me

There are larger drones that are more capable that can carry payloads of over 100 lbs. and more accurately deliver their treatments than conventional crop dusting activities. Because of their more accurate application lower concentrations can be used to achieve better results, and all at a lower cost and much safer. This all translates to higher yields at lower costs which impacts what we eat and what it costs each day.

There are drones that do assessments that are much smaller, two of the most popular are the Mavic 3 Multispectral and the Phantom 4 Multispectral. These are variations of the same drones I fly, they have specialized multispectral cameras instead of the 4K HD cameras that I have on my drones. A typical first time field assessment can result in a 3 to 5% yield increase from an inspection that takes about an hour to perform of 100 acres and costs about a thousand dollars. Once again higher yields and lower costs that impact us at every meal.

Okay, why did I take the side trip down the agriculture road? Because irresponsible flying by a few has caused backlash reactions by the public that falls on the ears of legislators that respond with knee-jerk reactions that want to ban this technology and some brands without actual facts or even a hint a working knowledge of what the impact of this technology is. Broad-brushed and poorly thought out laws are established that impact every aspect of unmanned aircraft operations. So the clown that is flying over the pool or town square can and may ultimately have an impact on what it may cost you to eat or your safety.

I would encourage you, when you see this kind of irresponsible behavior, follow the drone, track down the operator, find out who they are and report them to the FAA, (https://www.faa.gov/uas/contact_us/report_uas_sighting) and help put a stop to this.

If you are interested in the laws that affect apply to drone operations these are the primary ones in Florida:

14CFR107 - eCFR :: 14 CFR Part 107 -- Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (FAR Part 107)
Florida Statute 330.41 - Chapter 330 Section 41 - 2023 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate
Florida Statute 330.411 - Chapter 330 Section 411 - 2023 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate
Florida Statute 934.50 - https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2023/0934.50
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-10-2024, 08:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,542 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Bigger question are the rules and reps being observed. Just watched a drone fly over people yesterday at neighborhood pool, too close for comfort. Kids are back in school so can’t blame them.
It is extremely unfortunate that many drone operators (calling them pilots would be disrespecting the thousands of good drone pilots out there) that have no regard for the laws governing drone operations. Having been flying drones for over 7 years now I have seen many people do stupid things with them - flying near airports, over football stadiums with games in play, flying over crowed cities and busy roadways, flying beyond line of sight, flying over the town squares when full of people, the list goes on and on. These few people give a bad name to so many people who work hard to follow the law and cause a backlash that hurts everyone. The I say everyone, I mean everyone, drone pilots and normal citizens alike.

Few people realize what impact drones are having on their lives. What I and most other pilots do impacts few. There are many areas where drones make an impact - fire/police/military is one that most people think of, Hollywood film productions have changed dramatically because of drones. These are all a drop in the bucket compared to the biggest market impact - agriculture. Drones are playing two key roles in agriculture today - crop/field assessment and crop spraying/treatment. The below video shows a smaller ag drone being used to treat a field.

https://youtu.be/1aWcKNJLuc0?si=vsdjwkDJaMZWS0Me

There are larger drones that are more capable that can carry payloads of over 100 lbs. and more accurately deliver their treatments than conventional crop dusting activities. Because of their more accurate application lower concentrations can be used to achieve better results, and all at a lower cost and much safer. This all translates to higher yields at lower costs which impacts what we eat and what it costs each day.

There are drones that do assessments that are much smaller, two of the most popular are the Mavic 3 Multispectral and the Phantom 4 Multispectral. These are variations of the same drones I fly, they have specialized multispectral cameras instead of the 4K HD cameras that I have on my drones. A typical first time field assessment can result in a 3 to 5% yield increase from an inspection that takes about an hour to perform of 100 acres and costs about a thousand dollars. Once again higher yields and lower costs that impact us at every meal.

Okay, why did I take the side trip down the agriculture road? Because irresponsible flying by a few has caused backlash reactions by the public that falls on the ears of legislators that respond with knee-jerk reactions that want to ban this technology and some brands without actual facts or even a hint a working knowledge of what the impact of this technology is. Broad-brushed and poorly thought out laws are established that impact every aspect of unmanned aircraft operations. So the clown that is flying over the pool or town square can and may ultimately have an impact on what it may cost you to eat or your safety.

I would encourage you, when you see this kind of irresponsible behavior, follow the drone, track down the operator, find out who they are and report them to the FAA, (https://www.faa.gov/uas/contact_us/report_uas_sighting) and help put a stop to this.

If you are interested in the laws that affect apply to drone operations these are the primary ones in Florida:

14CFR107 - eCFR :: 14 CFR Part 107 -- Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (FAR Part 107)
Florida Statute 330.41 - Chapter 330 Section 41 - 2023 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate
Florida Statute 330.411 - Chapter 330 Section 411 - 2023 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate
Florida Statute 934.50 - https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2023/0934.50
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Closed Thread

Tags
dabney, enclave, video, undate, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.