Villa overflow parking

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Default Villa overflow parking

I read with interest the latest POA Bulletin. Generlly I find that their articles are accurate and worthwhile reading. However, I wonder about what appears to be incorrect information concerning Villa Parking. In the past we have been told by Compliance that the excess parking is for the use of guests, not owners. Before I begin parking my extra vehicles in those spaces I would like to know when specifically this has changed! I rechecked my Covenants and Restrictions posted on the District's website, and Article V, Section 20, still reads:

"Temporary parking depicted on the plat for the Subdivision is not for Owner's use but is for the use of Owner's invitees and guests."

I wonder where the POA got their information which states otherwise?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

I can not answer your specific question but I would point out that Covenants are not the same for all areas, for instance those having to do with signs.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
I read with interest the latest POA Bulletin. Generlly I find that their articles are accurate and worthwhile reading. However, I wonder about what appears to be incorrect information concerning Villa Parking. In the past we have been told by Compliance that the excess parking is for the use of guests, not owners. Before I begin parking my extra vehicles in those spaces I would like to know when specifically this has changed! I rechecked my Covenants and Restrictions posted on the District's website, and Article V, Section 20, still reads:

"Temporary parking depicted on the plat for the Subdivision is not for Owner's use but is for the use of Owner's invitees and guests."

Call Community Standards at 352-751-3912.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Just read the POA Newspaper...I agree with you...I think they are printing the wrong info. I was / am of the opinion that residents CAN NOT use the Villa Guest parking area. Anyone else agree / disagree?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:09 AM

Where do you park your extra vehicle(s) then?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,462 Times in 2,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBloodworth View Post
Where do you park your extra vehicle(s) then?
What do your deed restrictions say?
Village Community Development Districts
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Our Villas (Bartow) state that the temporary parking is for the use of "Owners invitees and guests". I do need to park another vehicle somewhere...
Old 12-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,363 Times in 568 Posts

Can't you park one in the garage and one in the driveway?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post

How many and what kind of "extra vehicles" do you have?

I presume you have a garage for your car and cart and a driveway for a second car?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Our Villas (Bartow) state that the temporary parking is for the use of "Owners invitees and guests". I do need to park another vehicle somewhere...
That seems easy to understand.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
It's sometimes difficult with a villa. Often, because people have moved from a larger home they find it difficult to get a car AND their golf cart into the garage. Even when they do, having a car and a golf cart in the garage and a car in the driveway always seems to result in the wrong car being in the driveway and then everything has to get moved around. Now, if someone's wife would stop be so stubborn and get rid of the extra car, then this problem would go away. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that last part out loud!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:11 AM

I have a small car that I regularly drive and a large Toyota Tundra that I use to pull a horse trailer. Unfortunately, the truck is too large for the garage, and it's inconvenient to move it whenever I need to use the car. Oh, and a golf cart of course
Old 12-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have a small car that I regularly drive and a large Toyota Tundra that I use to pull a horse trailer. Unfortunately, the truck is too large for the garage, and it's inconvenient to move it whenever I need to use the car. Oh, and a golf cart of course
Park the Tundra where you park your horse trailer.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Park the Tundra where you park your horse trailer.
That's the plan for now
Old 12-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Sage

Problem solved!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.