Villa Parking

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2021, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Unless you are in a villa, TV has no control over what is parked on the street. It is not their property.
I parked 2 cars and a jet ski on the street in front of my house for a week. Someone called com watch and they told them they could do nothing, not their property. So they called Sumter county, who again told them it is not against the law to park on the street. If the nosy idiot had just talked to me instead of complaining anonymously, he would have found that there was a perfectly good reason why nothing could be on my driveway and that is was a temporary situation. Now he's just stirred the pot and my other neighbors keep telling me I should park vehicles out there every day, just to be spiteful. I'm not going to because this guy is whacko and there's no telling what he would do to my vehicles.

The OP clearly asked about streets in villas.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,098 Times in 2,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In the courtyard villas, the deed restrictions state:

"No owner of a homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway, garage or other non-visitor parking spaces."

Note that there are designated visitor spaces, and visitors are allowed to park on the courtyard villa streets, but the owners are not allowed to park anywhere off of their own property. The courtyard villa streets are not county roads.
like that stops them, some CYVs have no overflow parking which means nothing should be parked on street permanently. Now we can argue over permanently.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,098 Times in 2,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Unless you are in a villa, TV has no control over what is parked on the street. It is not their property.
I parked 2 cars and a jet ski on the street in front of my house for a week. Someone called com watch and they told them they could do nothing, not their property. So they called Sumter county, who again told them it is not against the law to park on the street. If the nosy idiot had just talked to me instead of complaining anonymously, he would have found that there was a perfectly good reason why nothing could be on my driveway and that is was a temporary situation. Now he's just stirred the pot and my other neighbors keep telling me I should park vehicles out there every day, just to be spiteful. I'm not going to because this guy is whacko and there's no telling what he would do to my vehicles.

In most all districts no boats, RV’s or 3/4 ton trucks or and larger can be parked permanently even in driveway, now it you can get it in garage yes. In my area the limit 3 days for RV for loading and unloading. I don’t think boats fall in that category? But, I don’t remember?
Old 12-21-2021, 11:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
In most all districts no boats, RV’s or 3/4 ton trucks or and larger can be parked permanently even in driveway, now it you can get it in garage yes. In my area the limit 3 days for RV for loading and unloading. I don’t think boats fall in that category? But, I don’t remember?
We are allowed 3/4 ton trucks but that is max. I had my 1 ton here once when we moved down but have not brought it back.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
The OP clearly asked about streets in villas.
Correct but someone said no parking is allowed on other neighborhood streets and people are just correcting that.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

It sounds like the OP is living in Patio Villa neighborhood. It is rare but sometimes renters will park their pickup trucks in the street for weeks on end. The major issue is that the streets are narrower and it makes it more difficult for the neighbors across the street to access their driveway. This applies to the end of the street which is extended past the loop.

Unless there is an ordinance that I don't know of, the only solution is to park your own vehicle in the spot. No one can complain since you are only obstructing your driveway. Of course then they will park on the street somewhere else and it will become someone else's problem.

Patio Villas should have a time restriction on parking but they do not.

Last edited by ithos; 12-22-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSunshine View Post
In villa neighborhoods where the street dead ends, are the dead end roads specifically for the owner who lives nearest them or for overflow or guest parking?
What did they tell you when you called the office for your respective neighborhood? Let us know versus getting answers on this site!
Old 12-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Default Guest Parking

The area at the end of the dead end streets in courtyard villas is NOT deeded to the owners of the property adjacent to the space. It is not their parking space for a second car.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
3/4 ton trucks are fine. Anything larger MAY present an issue.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

Village Community Development Districts
Old 12-22-2021, 08:19 AM
Default Parking

I live at an end villa…to back out of our driveway we need to actually back into that space to leave, otherwise we have to drive backwards down the street a couple villas length to get out to turn around. I think that’s why they left extra roadway in front of the end villa so they could back out into that area to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSunshine View Post
In villa neighborhoods where the street dead ends, are the dead end roads specifically for the owner who lives nearest them or for overflow or guest parking?
Old 12-22-2021, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
It sounds like the OP is living in Patio Villa neighborhood. It is rare but sometimes renters will park their pickup trucks in the street for weeks on end. The major issue is that the streets are narrower and it makes it more difficult for the neighbors across the street to access their driveway. This applies to the end of the street which is extended past the loop.

Unless there is an ordinance that I don't know of, the only solution is to park your own vehicle in the spot. No one can complain since you are only obstructing your driveway. Of course then they will park on the street somewhere else and it will become someone else's problem.

Patio Villas should have a time restriction on parking but they do not.
Courtyard villas have the same situation as described by the OP. The OP didn't say they live in a patio villa.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

This is in my Declaration of Restrictions.

ARTICLE IX. PARKING RESTRICTIONS
No Owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway or garage. No truck in excess of3/4 ton, camper, boat, -trailer, or aircraft, or any vehicle other than a private non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space except a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed. No Owner of a Homesite shall repair or restore any motor vehicle, boat, trailer, aircraft, or other vehicle on any portion of any Homesite, or on dedicated or reserved areas, except for emergency repairs, and then only to the extent necessary to enable movement thereat to a proper repair facility.

Question is how can it be enforced?
Old 12-22-2021, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,141 Times in 4,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
This is in my Declaration of Restrictions.

ARTICLE IX. PARKING RESTRICTIONS
No Owner of a Homesite shall park, store, or keep any vehicle except wholly within his driveway or garage. No truck in excess of3/4 ton, camper, boat, -trailer, or aircraft, or any vehicle other than a private non-commercial vehicle may be parked in a parking space except a boat may be kept in the garage with the garage door closed. No Owner of a Homesite shall repair or restore any motor vehicle, boat, trailer, aircraft, or other vehicle on any portion of any Homesite, or on dedicated or reserved areas, except for emergency repairs, and then only to the extent necessary to enable movement thereat to a proper repair facility.

Question is how can it be enforced?
The blue haired 8 inch garden gnome ladies with their clipboards will be happy to come from 4 miles away and report you
Old 12-22-2021, 08:47 AM

Who freakin cares. If it bothers you, shut the blinds. There’s a lot better things to do in TV than complain about where your neighbors are parked. Go to a square, to the theater or out to eat. I, for one, am not home long enough to care who is parked next to my house.
Closed Thread

Tags
villa, dead, parking, overflow, nearest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.