Villa Question - Laundry Room

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Villa Question - Laundry Room

We live in a designer home so I don't know much about the Villa Neighborhoods.

We happen to be by 466 and stopped in at the new Villa development. I want to tell my sister about them in the hopes she'll be tempted to come down to take a look.

Do all villas have their laundry room in the garage? We were able to take a look at several of them and each one had the laundry hook up in the garage.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Veteran member

You would have to ask the agent....some of the villas and even Cottage-style homes have the laundry in the garage. But some are inside depending on the builder, I think.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539 View Post
We live in a designer home so I don't know much about the Villa Neighborhoods.

We happen to be by 466 and stopped in at the new Villa development. I want to tell my sister about them in the hopes she'll be tempted to come down to take a look.

Do all villas have their laundry room in the garage? We were able to take a look at several of them and each one had the laundry hook up in the garage.
The Arlington CYV has a laundry room inside...nice size too.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
You would have to ask the agent....some of the villas and even Cottage-style homes have the laundry in the garage. But some are inside depending on the builder, I think.

Does not depend on the builder - depends on the plan. There are several new plans since we bought new in 2006 - most are just tweaks of old plans. Not sure if any of the 2 BR models have inside laundry rooms (they didn't in 2006), but several of the 3 BR CYVs have inside laundry rooms.

You can look at all or most of the floor plans online on thevillages.com - go to Homes, then Home Series, then individual listings and click on Floor Plan
Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Gold member

As far as I know, all of the 3BR CYV's have an inside laundry room. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a 3BR model with the laundry in the garage. Suggest you look at the floor plans on the TV sales website.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 PM

FYI : Our friend's 3 bedroom CYV in Jacaranda Villas, Pennecamp have the laundry in the garage.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Sage

Regardless of which type of villa, CYV or Patio Villa, best to look at the floor plans on the TV web site for the answer. Varies by model.

Bill
Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 AM

why do you need a laundy room? We have one and didn't put in a washer and dryer. We just wear our clothing while in the shower. I took two showers this month. only one the last few months. Sometimes while I play golf by my self because no one wants to play next to me for some reason. I wade into the water and wash there. I mean really what is the big deal. In the house in the garage, it is still just a waste of water and time to wash clothing anyway.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Gold member

We just bought the Anna Maria model - laundry in garage. Wasn't sure how I'd like that but so far so good. Had the garage floor painted and that helped the "atmosphere" a bit.......think it will be just fine!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
FYI : Our friend's 3 bedroom CYV in Jacaranda Villas, Pennecamp have the laundry in the garage.
May I ask what street he lives on?

Betty
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
As far as I know, all of the 3BR CYV's have an inside laundry room. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a 3BR model with the laundry in the garage. Suggest you look at the floor plans on the TV sales website.
New villas along 466....went through some "Open Houses" (don't know what the plans were) had nice LARGE 3 br, large kitchens, 2-car garages had the laundry in the garage! If I were paying the prices they were asking...would want an indoor laundry to be sure!!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 AM

That Jacaranda CYV is on Sagamore St.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've lived in patio villas where the laundry was in the garage and one was in the house. Honestly, I prefer the garage. Took up a wall in the kitchen I could have used for a baker's rack and made the kitchen too hot when I was drying. It takes very little time to do the wash in the garage, so even on the hottest days it is bearable.

Some CYVs have laundry room, but I still prefer the garage. Just can think of better uses for these areas in the smaller homes and really prefer the dryer heat to not help heat the home.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
That Jacaranda CYV is on Sagamore St.
Thanks. That surprises me, as I thought all the newer 3 BR CYV had the laundry inside. Do you happen to know the name of the model?

Betty
Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Veteran member

There are five different 3-BR CYV’s. Three of them have the laundry inside and two of them have the laundry in the garage. The “new” courtyard villas (Cabana/Bungalow series) are pretty much the same floorplan as their predecessors (Savannah/Keys series). There were a few changes to the floorplans, but mostly they were just renamed.

Some folks prefer a dedicated laundry room, others prefer to have the washer/dryer in the garage. No right or wrong answer. I prefer the laundry inside ... not because I’m adverse to doing laundry in the garage, but because garage space is at such a premium, I didn’t want to waste space on a washer/dryer. I also like having the laundry room space for other things...such as dog bowls.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.