The Villages 5-12-20 Construction Update - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,544 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
May I ask, who has been taking down your videos? The Villages, or TOTV? If the videos are on your You Tube channel, how can either one of those entities take them down? I'm just curious, not trying to start anything.
If you complain to YouTube about a video they will block it and notify the provider of the action. They do not supply a reason why or who complained. The provider is given the opportunity to address the issue and a decision is made to continue to block or restore the content. This has happened to me on both YouTube and Facebook for some of my videos on the construction progress, all have been restored after appeal and review. Again these complains are anonymous so I can't say who complained, but the list I'm sure is very very short.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-13-2020, 09:56 AM

my response from Bradley Arnold

Without the facts or attending this church, I understand why you would feel that your commentary was justified. The church agreed to the plans that did not have a full median opening concurrent with the County’s payment for their property for the additional right-of-way required for the widening of the road.

Bradley

Bradley Arnold
County Administrator
Board of Sumter County Commissioners
Tel: 352-689-4400
Fax: 352-689-4401
Sumter County, FL - Official Website | Official Website
Old 05-13-2020, 12:12 PM

WOW! Thank you AGAIN!!!!
Old 05-13-2020, 12:42 PM
Veteran member

Okay. The County Administrator says the purchase specified that the church property would not have a full median opening, and I have no reason to disbelieve him. I do question, however, why that was spelled out in the first place. Don has shown that the turn being too close to the roundabout is not a consistent rule.

We only need to think back to "the wall" on the historic side to believe that X number of people with decision-making power in TV administration were indeed capable of being petty and vindictive. (In fairness, they also were caring/PR savvy enough to later modify their decision.)
Old 05-13-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisgavin View Post
my response from Bradley Arnold

Without the facts or attending this church, I understand why you would feel that your commentary was justified. The church agreed to the plans that did not have a full median opening concurrent with the County’s payment for their property for the additional right-of-way required for the widening of the road.

Bradley

Bradley Arnold
County Administrator
Board of Sumter County Commissioners
Tel: 352-689-4400
Fax: 352-689-4401
Sumter County, FL - Official Website | Official Website
I see no reason why they would just agree to such a thing unless not given a choice or the alternative choice was worse. And why would the pastor share that the church had even offered to share in the cost if that was the issue? I consider myself a logical person, and this response also does not hold water.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,544 Times in 721 Posts

I am working on getting more information and documentation. One items of fact comes from the Wildwood City Commision meeting of 5/8/17 were the traffic circle is shown to the west of Grace Tabernacle church instead of the east as it is now. If this were the case when the church sold the property and agreed to the turn lane conditions then it would all make sense as to the agreement.

With the traffic circle to the east, even the post office has informed the church that it's not safe as has stopped delivering the mail to the door. How will a fire truck or ambulance get to the church? Station 47 is just a half mile down the road but will have to drive over 3 additional miles to safely turn around.

More to come on this topic.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	094 2018-03-10.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	84103  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-13-2020, 02:49 PM

Thank you.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Is the church complaining?
Old 05-13-2020, 03:12 PM

Thank you so much. I really enjoy your videos.
Closed Thread

Tags
county, villages, sumter, construction, commissioners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.