The Villages Construction Update #140 - Costco coming to The Villages

Unread 04-28-2024, 10:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,543 Times in 721 Posts
Default The Villages Construction Update #140 - Costco coming to The Villages

Construction Update Video #140 premieres at 3:00 PM today, I discuss Costco as well as the other construction happening in and around The Villages.

https://youtu.be/mlwPoZDQnwM

Immediately following the premier of #140 I'll be doing another live broadcast answering your questions about the video, The Villages, Sumter County, drones, and just about anything else you may want to talk about.
You can post your questions live in the chat window or send them to me ahead of time at Live@GoldWingnut.com

Gold Wingnut Live #13 4/28/24 - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Unread 04-28-2024, 03:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,705 Times in 457 Posts

So much exciting info in this addition. Don, I sure appreciate you being such a reliable source of information and being the voice of reason. I like that you challenge the “naysayers” here with factual information. We’re lucky to have you here in our wonderful community. Thanks for all you do.

Last edited by Michael 61; 04-28-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Unread 04-28-2024, 04:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
So much exciting info in this addition. Don, I sure appreciate you being such a reliable source of information and being the sound of reason. I like that you challenge the “naysayers” here with factual information. We’re lucky to have you here in our wonderful community. Thanks for all you do.
Thanks, just trying to spread a few facts around.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Unread 04-28-2024, 06:10 PM

Is miss the map in the video....made it easier to figure out where in the vastness of The VIllages things are!
Unread 04-28-2024, 06:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,625 Times in 595 Posts

Don traveled to Lowes yesterday, turning into the drive next to ABC and I thought the building going up quickly was the Outback Restaurant. But that building looks to have all glass front and maybe 3 sets of doors.

Traffic didn’t allow me to take a good look, but the building looks like a small retail strip? Maybe Outback is going with a new look on 466.
Unread 04-28-2024, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Thanks, just trying to spread a few facts around.
Don’t spread them around too much - some people can’t handle the truth!
Unread 04-29-2024, 05:36 AM

Don, we really appreciate the time and effort you put into accuracy in your videos and the information.
Unread 04-29-2024, 06:19 AM

Great videos, enjoy the updates, especially since I'm in the fairly new area on Marsh Bend Trail. Thanks for the info on fines using "closed" roads. Took McNeil once or twice to get to Sawgrass, now I'll wail until Corbin Trail connects.
Unread 04-29-2024, 07:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheweycat View Post
Is miss the map in the video....made it easier to figure out where in the vastness of The VIllages things are!
I was pressed for time this week with my Golden Retriever delivering 10 pups so editing time was at a premium and I had to trip off some of the extras to make my target release of 3:00 PM Sunday. I shaved about 3 days of editing by dropping the maps and graphics. They will be back.
www.goldwingnut.com
Unread 04-29-2024, 07:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Don traveled to Lowes yesterday, turning into the drive next to ABC and I thought the building going up quickly was the Outback Restaurant. But that building looks to have all glass front and maybe 3 sets of doors.

Traffic didn’t allow me to take a good look, but the building looks like a small retail strip? Maybe Outback is going with a new look on 466.
Nope, I did some additional checking after a similar comment on YouTube this morning, I am incorrect, that will be a multi-tenant retail building and OBS is the new building that just started next to it. Corrections to come in the next video release.
www.goldwingnut.com
Unread 04-29-2024, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,625 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Nope, I did some additional checking after a similar comment on YouTube this morning, I am incorrect, that will be a multi-tenant retail building and OBS is the new building that just started next to it. Corrections to come in the next video release.
Thanks for taking my concerns
No worries I was so happy Outback would be coming soon, but now very disappointed that building isn’t it. From the air it looked like a small restaurant, but very surprisingly to see that small store front, in the same space as Outback. Parking will be fun.
Unread 04-29-2024, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Don ,

Any word yet about connectivity by GOLF cart between the Southern Oaks Bridge into the Fenney area ?

I agree with all of the positive comments made about you and your videos !!
Unread 04-29-2024, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I was pressed for time this week with my Golden Retriever delivering 10 pups so editing time was at a premium and I had to trip off some of the extras to make my target release of 3:00 PM Sunday. I shaved about 3 days of editing by dropping the maps and graphics. They will be back.
Being a new parent will do that!
Unread 04-29-2024, 12:21 PM

I read a Chipotle is going into Wildwood. Any idea where? Maybe the empty lot by CVS and Home Depot?
Unread 04-29-2024, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,809 Times in 1,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Don ,

Any word yet about connectivity by GOLF cart between the Southern Oaks Bridge into the Fenney area ?

I agree with all of the positive comments made about you and your videos !!
Butting in in case Don is busy with the new puppies.

Don mentioned in the video there's still a lot to do along Corbin/McNeil. The Wellpoint Postal Center is just starting. His most optimistic estimate was maybe in June.

Which may also be about when Shallow Creek/Boosters is anticipated to open.

Last edited by Altavia; 04-30-2024 at 12:11 AM.

Tags
villages, construction, #140, live, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.