Villages Expansion in Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is how it works. The Villages is NOT the only people to provide buildings for business around here. When there is a need, people open businesses. Take any city....business comes when the need arises.

The Villages is a success because the Morse family provided at the beginning most of the things that a bunch of folks would need out in the middle of nowhere. Now that we are a big bunch of people, we are a desirable place for grocery stores and other businesses.

Did you just read that Homegoods, Kohls, and Steinmart are soon breaking ground? I will be so glad when every soul who lives here gets the restaurants and businesses they so long for.

I hate negativity.

And I am a big fan of free enterprise.
I think you meant to type Marshalls, not Kohls, of course, unless I missed something which I do a lot. LOL
Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
You need to actually read the article outlining the proposal. There is no mention at all of additional restaurants. When a resident at the meeting complained about possible overcrowding at the Mulberry Publix Villages legal counsel Steve Roy said the Villages is "hoping" to attract another grocery store to the area.

As usual, TOTV posters create their own set of facts that thrive throughout a thread.

The Marion County portion of The Villages was completed and sold out in the early 2000's. Mulberry Grove Publix opened in 2003. After over a decade, who really thinks that another grocery store is going to open because of 300 additional homes? IMO Attorney Roy's statement is just blah, blah, blah.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where is 446?
oops!! I meant 466. I will correct original post.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Platinum member

From the way expansions go over, the next on will be off of RT 666

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I think you meant to type Marshalls, not Kohls, of course, unless I missed something which I do a lot. LOL

I did mean Marshall's Bonny. Thank you. I will correct my original post.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The 300 homes will be built somewhat behind the Villages Baptist Church 0n 42. It doesn't matter if they do include additional amenities and they are not suppose to, the fact is simply that this means more people in the area and its cramping quality of life. This family of developers is going to build either resident or commercial on every stinking inch of property they can get their hands on and the heck with the effect it has on people living in the area.

Now that's not negative that's just plain reality
Old 03-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The 300 homes will be built somewhat behind the Villages Baptist Church 0n 42. <snip>
I don't think this is what they plan to do. I think there will be 300 home spread over both parcels - the one near the church and the one near the VA clinic.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
The 300 homes will be built somewhat behind the Villages Baptist Church 0n 42. It doesn't matter if they do include additional amenities and they are not suppose to, the fact is simply that this means more people in the area and its cramping quality of life. This family of developers is going to build either resident or commercial on every stinking inch of property they can get their hands on and the heck with the effect it has on people living in the area.

If you say it, I believe it. Now, what is your opinion as to property values as building space becomes tighter and less available. Would that cause values to go up or down. I just have no idea.

Supply goes away, demand goes up?
Overcrowding and The Villages looses its appeal?
I would love to hear opinions fro experts.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandfinch View Post
If you say it, I believe it. Now, what is your opinion as to property values as building space becomes tighter and less available. Would that cause values to go up or down. I just have no idea.

Supply goes away, demand goes up?
Overcrowding and The Villages looses its appeal?
I would love to hear opinions fro experts.
I agree . I have friends who bought in Florida and sold because the area in question became overcrowded Think Tampa area along hwy 19. I don't view this as a "I got mine and I don't want you to ave yours" thing. Residents had an opportunity to vote this type of mismanaged expansion down but the developers and real estate industry circulated enough money to defeat it statewide.

So they complain that there is a need for water conservation so The Villages utility has a three tier system to punish people and yet they expand. and this same water district allow Nestle to draw free millions of gallons a day for bottle water being sold elsewhere Florida prides itself for having sunshine Laws but some people aren't aware that there is the meeting and then there is "THE MEETING" which one do you think becomes public record?

Financially in my view it would be economically a poor decision to sell my home for a number of reasons. I do like TV and do understand that others would too but overcrowding kills the golden goose every time
Old 03-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Sage
Default Villages Expansion in Marion County

Quote:
...the fact is simply that this means more people in the area and its cramping quality of life. This family of developers is going to build either resident or commercial on every stinking inch of property they can get their hands on and the heck with the effect it has on people living in the area.

"The fact is", "not negative that's just plain reality"??

The fact is...those are statements of your opinion, nothing more.

And to call your post "not negative"? Yeah right.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
this same water district allow Nestle to draw free millions of gallons a day for bottle water
Ding, Ding, Ding! Free water that they sell to achieve 7.2 billion in sales (water division only). That is incredible!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
"The fact is", "not negative that's just plain reality"??

The fact is...those are statements of your opinion, nothing more.

And to call your post "not negative"? Yeah right.
rubicon will always give his opinion, some fact based and some just his opinion. He seems to be the glass is half empty kind of guy but always good to see where he comes down on issues on here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
rubicon will always give his opinion, some fact based and some just his opinion. He seems to be the glass is half empty kind of guy but always good to see where he comes down on issues on here.
I know. I enjoy seeing Rubicon's posts also. The my-opinion-is-fact approach tends to tweak me a little sometimes...regardless of the source.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Gold member

Plenty of places to live. Go where you are happy. Stay away from where you are not happy. Developers develop. We are lucky to have the one we have...the one with a lot of class.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM
Gold member

Sounds a little like "Pull the ladder up....I am up"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.