The Villages hopping south of the turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Sage

Seven years ago Mark stood on the stage at Savannah and said (and I quote)
We are going to build 2000 houses south of 466A, and that's it. No more.

You see how that went
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Source?
The other online news source stated in May "The land is owned by the Wildwood Springs company, which will develop the infrastructure, while The Villages will build the homes.

The Wildwood Springs development was proposed in 2008 and last fall the concept was changed to an age-restricted community. The partnership with The Villages was announced last month immediately after the project was approved by the city commission."

As the Villages tends to build around not on FEMA flood zones, that will limit the areas just south of 44 on which to build. And, I cannot fathom a golf cart tunnel under the Florida Turnpike for Fenney. It would be cool but very unlikely!

Last edited by twoplanekid; 07-12-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
From what I heard when I was just there on our LPP. Some of this has already been written about in this thread, some hasn't. The land from Brownwood to Feeney is already owned by TV but it is in another company name. The reason they are starting at Feeney is because it already has all the permits needed and has already undergone environmental studies etc. This is because another developer had already done all of that work before the real estate bust in 2008. Also, I heard that TV has applied to get permission to build six golf cart tunnels under 44. If they are building 6 tunnels I can imagine development from at least Brownwood to Feeney and probably pretty wide.. I think they will stop when they hit the Gulf of Mexico!
Where did you hear they were building tunnels under 44? Especially "6" of them? I would bet money that we won't see tunnels under 44.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Where did you hear they were building tunnels under 44? Especially "6" of them? I would bet money that we won't see tunnels under 44.
My thought too. I'm still astounded that they wouldn't put a tunnel under 466A so the folks in Pine Ridge could get to Colony Plaza. They have to go around their nose to get to their elbow!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

Well on the "build out". Not to jump to conclusions but do you know that the gov insists now, for every new development, (there has been a lot of new development here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,) there has to be a certain quantity of LOW Income housing.
So does this mean more cars, more exhaust and pollution, more driving, maybe some traffic signals, maybe a lot of traffic and so here we go.
Take a wonderful setting and turn it into another LA or Boston or?????????????
Old 07-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,515 Times in 1,913 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Well on the "build out". Not to jump to conclusions but do you know that the gov insists now, for every new development, (there has been a lot of new development here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,) there has to be a certain quantity of LOW Income housing.
So does this mean more cars, more exhaust and pollution, more driving, maybe some traffic signals, maybe a lot of traffic and so here we go.
Source?
Old 07-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:

Now there's some optimism for ya!
Old 07-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
LOL....then, don't jump to conclusions
Old 07-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
The population density of Boston is about 13,000 per square mile. Los Angeles is about 23,000 people per square mile. The Villages is a bit over 3,000. I think that it will be a long time before we become anything like Boston or L.A..

In fact the reason for high population densities is multiple unit dwellings. The places with the highest population densities are covered with apartment building and tenements. I don't ever see that happening here.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:

Whoa there Nelly. What's wrong with Beantown? Too cultured for you? Too many colleges & universities? Can't drive without a traffic light every 10 feet? Or can't you understand the King's English?

Pray tell where do you hail from?
Old 07-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I think you are referring to 40B That does not apply to TV.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Platinum member
Default wow

can you imagine the cost of six tunnels.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Gold member

It has to come to me from a Sales agent that Fenny will include many shops and a grocery store.

at the time we spoke there was no indications of golf cart access to The Villages proper.

I do have to say.....I pass by this area almost every day and I have to say......the surrounding area is kinda.....well not very Village like.

On top of the cemetery that fronts the property.....

Last edited by kstew43; 07-12-2016 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
It has to come to me from a Sales agent that Fenny will include many shops and a grocery store.

at the time we spoke there was no indications of golf cart access to The Villages proper.

I do have to say.....I pass by this area almost every day and I have to say......the surrounding area is kinda.....well not very Village like.

kstew43,

I haven't been able to visit TV since 2014, so I am not familiar with the area where the new Village of Fenney will be located. Could you elaborate on your statement: "the surrounding area is kinda....well not very Village like"? Thank you.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 07-13-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2016, 01:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post

The Village of Caroline surrounds an african american cemetery fyi. Look thru the hedge at the pool
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, fenney, village, turnpike, south, part, nearby, property, intersection, southeast, u.s, interchange, florida, county, road, proposed, spring, 1, 000, words, mention, manifest, destiny, heard, hopping, hmmm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.