The Villages hopping south of the turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2016, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
There are over 600 CDD's in Florida. One easy test to know if a CDD has transitioned from Developer to residents is the voting criteria. If you are allowed to vote but you are not a Florida resident your CDD has not totally transitioned away from the developer. If your CDD only allows a legal Florida resident to vote (not just a landowner) that CDD has transitioned.

You are right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...pment_District
Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The 14 CDDs share some common management infrastructure. The orientation meeting is a good place to get definitive answers to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I was referring to including Fenney in the use of TV (our) amenities. I understand CDDs but not the web of agreements between CDDs. To form a district government among neighboring CDDs is understandable.

Last edited by tuccillo; 03-30-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:45 AM

As the developer has kept this under the covers until now, I am sure they have many other plans which are in the works as well. They envisioned this wonderful community when it was just a small modular home park.

I am sure the people who bought back then never thought they would ever see homes being built as far south as they are now. Never would have saw 3 town squares, all those golf courses, and over 100,000 people. But the developer had that vision, and now we have this fantastic place to live. We are blessed to be able to live in such a great place with everything we could ever want (OK...maybe not the beach front...but it is only a quick drive to St. Pete Beach).

I am sure that vision will continue, long after we are all gone....
Old 03-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

I noticed in the other newspaper that they only talked about multi-family dwellings as far as homes. Condo? Dublex? Townhouse? Anyone have any insight?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,319 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is a CDD. We don't run this place.(At this time) (THANK GOODNESS) There are very few CDD's in Florida. There are thousands of places that people can run if they want to run them. I don't know WHY this place is so successful but maybe because people who know how to run places are running this place.

Keep an open mind and think about it. Wonder why people choose to move here? AND if not happy with CDD form of government can easily sell, make money on their home and find something else.
Actually districts 1-8 have transitioned to resident control. District 8 was last in 2012. District 9 will be in calendar year 2016.

Last edited by rustyp; 03-30-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Eternal Member

This land is all going to be developed one way or another.
I for one am so thankful that the "Family" is developing these areas. They know what they are doing and it's all quality. Better than getting a developer who doesn't care.
The Villages owns a lot of property and I doubt those of us here will ever see a build out.
As far as the "Family" being unethical or lying or whatever in not telling us about these plans, they are under no obligation to tell us anything.
It's their property, their money and are definitely free to do what they choose to do, which, of course, is developing property.
We've been here 16 years and I have loved watching the Villages grow. It gets better & better and we love it here.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,919 Times in 3,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
This land is all going to be developed one way or another.
I for one am so thankful that the "Family" is developing these areas. They know what they are doing and it's all quality. Better than getting a developer who doesn't care.
The Villages owns a lot of property and I doubt those of us here will ever see a build out.
As far as the "Family" being unethical or lying or whatever in not telling us about these plans, they are under no obligation to tell us anything.
It's their property, their money and are definitely free to do what they choose to do, which, of course, is developing property.
We've been here 16 years and I have loved watching the Villages grow. It gets better & better and we love it here.
I agree.

And "you" don't share plans ahead of time, unless if "you" don't care about the price increases as a result.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I agree.

And "you" don't share plans ahead of time, unless if "you" don't care about the price increases as a result.
Exactly (similar to what Walt Disney did years ago).
Old 03-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Who voted to let Fenney in?
Really? Now The Family needs approval from residents to create a new Village?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oot View Post
As the developer has kept this under the covers until now, I am sure they have many other plans which are in the works as well. They envisioned this wonderful community when it was just a small modular home park.
I am sure the people who bought back then never thought they would ever see homes being built as far south as they are now. Never would have saw 3 town squares, all those golf courses, and over 100,000 people. But the developer had that vision, and now we have this fantastic place to live. We are blessed to be able to live in such a great place with everything we could ever want. I am sure that vision will continue, long after we are all gone....
Old 03-30-2016, 01:23 PM

Lying and saying that they were not going to be building any more homes after Pine Ridge and Osceola Hills.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglow View Post
Lying and saying that they were not going to be building any more homes after Pine Ridge and Osceola Hills.

Well, the Pine Hills house's were supposed to start at 500K, that didn't happen either.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Our first Village sales person (I won't call them realtors, because they are not) told us nothing else will be built beyond the area in which we bought a lot (Sassafras Court). Low and behold, our plans to move were put on hold due to elderly parent care. I had a feeling then that the build out was a myth. Unless you had something in writing, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what your sales agent told you regarding the final plans.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Really? Now The Family needs approval from residents to create a new Village?.

Not the question I was asking. What is the process to include this new CDD into the other Village CDDs? Do the established CDD districts vote on letting this new CDD become a part of the District government? Becoming part of the Villages District government then automatically lets the home owners of that new CDD use all of the Village amenities. That is my question?

Last edited by twoplanekid; 03-30-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not the question I was asking. What is the process to include this new CDD into the other Village CDDs? Do the established CDD districts vote on letting this new CDD become a part of the District government? Becoming part of the Villages District government then automatically lets the home owners of that new CDD use all of the Village amenities. That is my question?
Twoplanekid, I don't pretend to know the intricacies of the CDD's. But it seems to me that the "new" Village off of 468 would have the same access my wife and I do when we bought in Lake Deaton.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't think the sales people are lying. Perhaps uninformed is a better word.
The agents really shouldn't be offering opinions on the topic of build-out.
For obvious reasons, The Family doesn't publish development plans in advance.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, fenney, village, turnpike, south, part, nearby, property, intersection, southeast, u.s, interchange, florida, county, road, proposed, spring, 1, 000, words, mention, manifest, destiny, heard, hopping, hmmm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.