Villages q1 2024 market update

Old 05-02-2024, 12:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It's very hard to find a comparable home as there is such a wide spread in the value of the lot the home is on. Also, homes that are hard to find sell very quickly unless there is a problem. Example, TV has only 5 pre-owned 4 bedroom Woodside models that are not pending and only 6 pre-owned Ivy models and 4 of them are in the undesirable villages of Pine Hills and Pine Ridge along with one only having a 2 car garage. That's it, in all of The Villages pre-owned listings there are only 11 of those models available that are not pending, the ones in desirable areas on desirable lots sell with in a few days, some times the same day. Corner lots are hard to sell as are kissing lanais or designers without a golf car garage. For every home that takes 90 days to sell there is one that is sold in one day and that's and average of 45 days on the market. When you buy a home, just don't look at the price, look at the desirability when it comes to re-sale.
Spot on! If you own a home that is in demand but only a few on the market, you will cash in. Homes with great views are also an easy sale. Not many want a corner lot unless it is fenced in. Homes with pools used to be an easy sale but there are so many now. The design of the pool and lanai area has to be amazing. Like one poster said, cookie cutter homes means competition. A buyer can choose from many on the market or wait until one they desire comes available.

A seller needs to correct anything ODD they did to their home or it will not sell. They also need to carefully look at the pictures a realtor posts of their home. I see some and I shake my head. Large furniture or lots of furniture that makes the home look small, garages packed with stuff, pictures of roofs when they are wet making it appear there is damage, etc..
Old 05-02-2024, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Spot on! If you own a home that is in demand but only a few on the market, you will cash in. Homes with great views are also an easy sale. Not many want a corner lot unless it is fenced in. Homes with pools used to be an easy sale but there are so many now. The design of the pool and lanai area has to be amazing. Like one poster said, cookie cutter homes means competition. A buyer can choose from many on the market or wait until one they desire comes available.

A seller needs to correct anything ODD they did to their home or it will not sell. They also need to carefully look at the pictures a realtor posts of their home. I see some and I shake my head. Large furniture or lots of furniture that makes the home look small, garages packed with stuff, pictures of roofs when they are wet making it appear there is damage, etc..
I used to think my parents were pulling my leg when they said people don’t like corner lots, but here’s two posts in a row underscoring that. Personally, I love seeing corner lots. With a little luck, that’s what we will end up with (if we find one with the right house on it).

Your second paragraph is spot on. How many times I see bad pictures is remarkable. I see houses that are priced at a premium and it looks like a 7 year old took the pictures with an iPhone 4. And yes, often times the rooms are very cluttered which doesn’t do the seller any favors. I will also add as free advice to listing agents: if you highlight something in the description, include a picture of it in the pics. Drives me crazy and it should be real estate 101.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakster66 View Post
I used to think my parents were pulling my leg when they said people don’t like corner lots, but here’s two posts in a row underscoring that. Personally, I love seeing corner lots. With a little luck, that’s what we will end up with (if we find one with the right house on it).

Your second paragraph is spot on. How many times I see bad pictures is remarkable. I see houses that are priced at a premium and it looks like a 7 year old took the pictures with an iPhone 4. And yes, often times the rooms are very cluttered which doesn’t do the seller any favors. I will also add as free advice to listing agents: if you highlight something in the description, include a picture of it in the pics. Drives me crazy and it should be real estate 101.
Corner lots have higher bonds than their neighbors, several times more expensive to maintain the lawn, and they are open invitations for dogs as they all seem to have a stop sign post or light post that the dogs are attracted to and they go on from there. If you live here full time and maintain your own lawn you'll not enjoy the summers.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Corner lots have higher bonds than their neighbors, several times more expensive to maintain the lawn, and they are open invitations for dogs as they all seem to have a stop sign post or light post that the dogs are attracted to and they go on from there. If you live here full time and maintain your own lawn you'll not enjoy the summers.

Don't forget all the lovely mole crickets that ruin the grass around the street light and are just about impossible to get rid of in your lawn. And then that whole big lot is usually not usable for anything because of right of ways running through it. Never again!
Old 05-02-2024, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Corner lots have beautiful views out of their living room and bedroom windows. Instead of looking out onto the side of your neighbor’s house and AC you have a beautiful view of sunsets, trees and shrubs. Corner lots can help the claustrophobic who may feel squeezed in if they have neighbors on both sides. In addition to having the beautiful views out of the side living area, corner lot homes have the rear views as well at the back from their lanai. Corner lots are great for people who need to have nice views out of all their windows.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Corner lots have beautiful views out of their living room and bedroom windows. Instead of looking out onto the side of your neighbor’s house and AC you have a beautiful view of sunsets, trees and shrubs. Corner lots can help the claustrophobic who may feel squeezed in if they have neighbors on both sides. In addition to having the beautiful views out of the side living area, corner lot homes have the rear views as well at the back from their lanai. Corner lots are great for people who need to have nice views out of all their windows.

And don't forget to add all the traffic you'll see in the view. And if you're lucky enough to have a stop sign there, cart and motorcycle noise.. it's just heavenly. Not!
Old 05-02-2024, 07:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
And don't forget to add all the traffic you'll see in the view. And if you're lucky enough to have a stop sign there, cart and motorcycle noise.. it's just heavenly. Not!
If you listened to the critics you would hear “Don’t buy a lot on a golf course, don’t buy a home near water and alligators, don’t buy a home where there are a lot of rentals, don’t buy a home near a busy highway, don’t buy a home at the edge of a Village near vacant land.” It is best to buy what you like and enjoy living in the home you choose. There is no one house fits all. We don’t all have to live in homes on interior lots.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
If you listened to the critics you would hear “Don’t buy a lot on a golf course, don’t buy a home near water and alligators, don’t buy a home where there are a lot of rentals, don’t buy a home near a busy highway, don’t buy a home at the edge of a Village near vacant land.” It is best to buy what you like and enjoy living in the home you choose. There is no one house fits all. We don’t all have to live in homes on interior lots.
No doubt. However, not to point out the deficiencies of living on a corner lot is deception. There are many, many homes in TV's that aren't on corner lots and have beautiful views. To each, their own.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
They are not critics if they own a corner lot property. Not critics if they own a property on a golf course. I lived near rentals and would advise to STAY AWAY. Many have witnessed what can happen if you purchase beside Nonvillage Property. Just posters giving their experience. You have the choice to learn from them or ignore them.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Ding ding. Spot on. Of the downsides listed by others in recent replies, I don't see any of them as serious issues that offset the space and semi-privacy one gets with a corner lot. I guess it's a matter of what you are used to before you move there. My current neighborhood dogs seemingly love my mailbox. That they would only use street signs going forward is a win. Since I'm not buying new, bonds vary from neighborhood to neighborhood, so what do I care if they vary from one house to another next door? And hey...some don't have bonds at all! It's all relative.

I don't deny that some folks may not like them for a variety of valid reasons (for them). The pluses (as I see them) outweigh any potential drawbacks. That's the beauty of so many varying options at TV. They all don't have to please every person. But every person is pleased by at least one of them. As for me, I think Rick Nelson (I believe he dropped the 'y' at this stage) sang it best: "You see, you can't please everyone, So you got to please yourself"
Old 05-03-2024, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
The rear view and lanai are usually facing the side of a neighbor's house. The side view is a street with homes all along it and cars and trucks stopping at the intersection, I really don't see the beauty in that. Also not all homes on corner lots have the living area on the street side, a lot of them face their neighbor and the bedrooms are on the street side.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The rear view and lanai are usually facing the side of a neighbor's house. The side view is a street with homes all along it and cars and trucks stopping at the intersection, I really don't see the beauty in that. Also not all homes on corner lots have the living area on the street side, a lot of them face their neighbor and the bedrooms are on the street side.
I think a corner lot can be beautiful, but then I love plants.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1738.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	103973   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1739.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	103974   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	103975  
Old 05-03-2024, 12:01 PM
Smile

Quote:
Beautiful. My wife may want to consult with you when we finally make it down there. :-)
Old 05-03-2024, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
That's one high maintenance way to hide the 2-street view and stop sign, probably helps with the traffic noise too. I"m not saying that everyone dislikes corner lots what my original reply was is that they do not sell quickly unless there is something special about them like a 4-car garage, water front, or other hard to find feature.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:44 PM

Quote:
That's one high maintenance way to hide the 2-street view and stop sign, probably helps with the traffic noise too. I"m not saying that everyone dislikes corner lots what my original reply was is that they do not sell quickly unless there is something special about them like a 4-car garage, water front, or other hard to find feature.
Fair enough, and all the better for those of us who do like corner lots.

I think the upshot is that the corner lot gives you the space (usually) to create those optically pleasing landscape features.

Tags
villages, market, update, real, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.