Villages q1 2024 market update

Old 04-21-2024, 08:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,926 Times in 3,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Many older golfers do. Perhaps a championship nine once a week or every 10 days.
and they purchased years ago and live north of 44.

Old 04-21-2024, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
1) Sad if "your" house is not selling and "you" feel the sky is falling. "You" have other issues.

3) "price reductions"..........sounds like someone felling for selling tactics. Over price, sit for a month and then give a "discount". Look, a price reduction.
I am not trying to sell a home. I am in the market to buy. Just posting what I have seen on MLS and VLS. I WISH the market was great like some believe. What I have seen and experienced is quite the opposite.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Wait, I was told by TOTV experts that paying off the bond doesn’t impact your resale.
Just a piece of tax advice - the loan payment (principal and interest) should be added to the tax basis of the home. Though the bond payment is on your tax bill it is not considered real estate taxes which could be used if one itemizes. Increasing the tax basis would be relevant in the sale of rental properties or homestead properties with taxable gains
Old 04-21-2024, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonydivo View Post
Only traffic in my house is on open houses. We live in what they call the most sought after village. My realtor never walked anyone through. Go figure.🤦🏻*♂️
We are doing a lifestyle visit this August from Memphis. I’m curious about desirability of different villages. What are the top 5 most desired in your opinion. We are leaning towards building, but are going to look at secondary.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,174 Times in 585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yeah, that is what we did.

We closed on our house in 2016. The interest on our bond was 6% and our savings account earned 1%.

So we paid off the bond.
Every case is so different. If you closed on a new house in 2020 or 21 you hit the perfect wave. Your bond was in the 20-35k range at 3% interest, while your income on investments etc is hitting 8-10% annually. It would be a very poor financial decision to pay off the bond.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 04-21-2024, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
You have no idea of the true history of sales because it is NEVER reported. You are going on what you heard from the grapevine. It would be great to see ACTUAL numbers but that will never happen.

I have been here since it was only Spanish Springs. You see progress as great but I can take or leave it. Same cookie cutters homes again and again and again. The model I bought 20 years ago is still built today. I would enjoy seeing something different. Many would argue that the Villages was much better when it was smaller. Outsiders are not happy their hometown has seen a population explosion. I can go on...

My point is this. There is no sense in posting a quarterly report that only shows what the Developer wants you to know. We live in a beautiful community but like anywhere else, it has its problems. IMO, pretending everything is ALWAYS GREAT is not beneficial. Only the Developer profits from that type of behavior. I would rather see the bad as well as the good. This way, I can make informed decisions. I find it is always better to make my kool aid than drink what is served.
Chronic contrarianism is unhealthy particularly if one also suffers from "Developer Syndrome ".
Old 04-21-2024, 11:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,364 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Golfers don't focus on Executive Courses.

You are probably correct about good golfers. But 80-90 % of all golfers are not very good. And that number may be higher here because most people are over 55 and many people never started playing until they moved here.

If you are not very good, you don’t want to pay $60-$75 a round to be frustrated. You go to the free executive courses.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Chronic contrarianism is unhealthy particularly if one also suffers from "Developer Syndrome ".
I do not have developer syndrome. It seems I am one of few who understands what he earns on the sale of his home has NOTHING in common with a homeowner wishing to sell his. TWO DIFFERENT sales transactions neither associated with the other. One can make a profit while the other has a loss. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Currently, many preowned homes are sitting on the market for months even with major price reductions. If you looked at MLS and home histories you would CLEARLY see this. If RECORDED TAX AND PRICE HISTORY is contrary to what posters are stating or the Developers averaged quarterly, sorry, I will believe the recorded history.

Average price on the sale of homes and days on market does not tell the true story. Some can sell their home for one million in 6 months while others can sell their homes for $250,000 in a few days. Averaging together is pointless. Simple third grade math.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-21-2024 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
I do not have developer syndrome. It seems I am one of few who understands what he earns on the sale of his home has NOTHING in common with a homeowner wishing to sell his. TWO DIFFERENT sales transactions neither associated with the other. One can make a profit while the other has a loss. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Currently, many preowned homes are sitting on the market for months even with major price reductions. If you looked at MLS and home histories you would CLEARLY see this. If RECORDED TAX AND PRICE HISTORY is contrary to what posters are stating, sorry, I will believe the recorded history. You are free to believe as you wish.
This would be call a minority.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:35 AM

Do these figures that everyone is posting here include all real estate sales - or just Properties of The Villages?????
Old 04-21-2024, 11:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
Do these figures that everyone is posting here include all real estate sales - or just Properties of The Villages?????
If you are interested in buying a particular home, you can type in the address and look at the history from the county records. If the home is listed with MLS, it will also provide you with all price reductions the seller has made. VLS keeps this a secret. And why does VLS keep this secret? Because facts could be contrary to what he wants buyers to believe.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-21-2024 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,785 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
Just a piece of tax advice - the loan payment (principal and interest) should be added to the tax basis of the home.
This is not correct.

Determining Your Home's Tax Basis | Nolo
Old 04-21-2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
My wife and I will be in TV for the month of May and will be actively looking.
You will need to hit the street of dreams then.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
THE PLACE IS BOOMING.
Where else is selling 2,000-3,000-4,000 houses.
Some swings, but no market bust.
Yet, for some reason, some insist on portraying that the sky is falling...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-21-2024, 12:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,174 Times in 585 Posts
Default And

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yet, for some reason, some insist on portraying that the sky is falling...
Yet some are in the classic Denial mode…all’s great in the housing market? They love to muffle the facts with spin.
I guess if you have blinders on, yes
Again, they come from rainbow, candy sprinkles unicorn land.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Tags
villages, market, update, real, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.