Waiting to make the move...and waiting...and waiting!

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
beartrack1
Default Re: Waiting to make the move...and waiting...and waiting!

We are waiting too. There just doesn't seem to be any serious buyers right now. We are in Fort Myers and the season is in full swing. We have our fingers crossed. We have decided that to sell at the current market value lower price really does not matter to us because we know exactly what model in TV we want (resale) This model is more expensive then the home that we are trying to sell. So, money wise we will come out ahead. We saw several models that we liked when we were in TV last Oct. The prices for similar models have come down about the same % as our current home. That, it seems to me, is an advantage for us. For example: a hypothetical listed price for what we are selling, lets say $200,000 cut price 10%= $180,000. Buy new house for $300,000 price cut 10%= $270,000. As I see it and because we are up-sizing, we will sell for $20K less but, we will buy for $30K less. Does this make any sense to anybody else ?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:25 PM

Funny story about selling...My husband was in a meeting yesterday and one of the guys asked if anyone in the room was catholic. Being catholic (in a baptist area) my husband hesitated then figured what the heck and said "I am"...The guy then asked him "what is this thing about burying a statue of St Joseph to get your house sold"..said his wife was determined to get one and he could not figure out what it was about...
Husband said "Oh you want one like the one my wife bought, I will send you the website"....
Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
beartrack1

Long time ago I had I house on Long Island and it was for sale for six months. Somehow I heard about the Saint Joseph Statue being able to help sell a house. So I went to the Catholic church near my house and Father gave me one for a donation. I had an offer that week and I was in contract soon after. How about that ??

Oh Bella, I forgot the best part, I'm Jewish !!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 PM

1rnfl How Hilarious...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Gold member

When I was home in NH for Christmas I saw a sign on a Christion Bookstore advertising St Joseph "selling kits". My friend saw it and wondered what that would be. When I explained she was amused and a bit sceptical . So, I told her some of the stories I've read hear on TOTV. We stopped and bought a kit for a co-worker who's house has been on the market for a year. Problem is they have so much snow they can't bury the good St. Joe till spring.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Hey beartrack....St. Joseph was Jewish too!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Ouida, hard to be patient, I know

I'm a year away and can't wait

good luck
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack
We are waiting too. There just doesn't seem to be any serious buyers right now. We are in Fort Myers and the season is in full swing. We have our fingers crossed. We have decided that to sell at the current market value lower price really does not matter to us because we know exactly what model in TV we want (resale) This model is more expensive then the home that we are trying to sell. So, money wise we will come out ahead. We saw several models that we liked when we were in TV last Oct. The prices for similar models have come down about the same % as our current home. That, it seems to me, is an advantage for us. For example: a hypothetical listed price for what we are selling, lets say $200,000 cut price 10%= $180,000. Buy new house for $300,000 price cut 10%= $270,000. As I see it and because we are up-sizing, we will sell for $20K less but, we will buy for $30K less. Does this make any sense to anybody else ?

Been telling my wife this for months.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 AM

Everyone will get there in time. Good luck. Down markets are never as long as up markets.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.