"WALL WORLD" scares me!

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Default "WALL WORLD" scares me!

Just drove past the new village @ Morse and 466 with the maze of walls built for coming courtyard villas. It looks like a ton of homes will be built there and yet there is no new golf course to support them. This makes me worry about tee time availability, especially in the winter. This past winter tee times were tight and thats before all the new houses. I wonder if they are keeping some golf hole to home ratio so that we don't end up not being able to golf as much as we would like.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Veteran member

It's not just golf.
Pickleball: last winter there was a time when on 6 courts there was 24 people playing with 32 WAITING.
Line dancing @ rec centers: you got to get there 45-60 minutes early for fear of being turned away.
And worst of all........ 20 minute waits at the bar huts on the squares
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Sage

In my Internet research on anything Villages, I came across a site one time that implied that new recreational amenities - golf holes, Pickleball courts, tennis courts, etc are built to a formula of x amenities to x thousand residents. In the case of new development in already bulilt out areas like 466/ Morse, the facilities won't be nearby. The 300 bungalows/villas will have an adult pool, may or may not be same size as standard village adult pool.

So, theoretically, the supply of golf courses should keep up with growth. Golf will probably always be tight to schedule in the peak winter months...more people and shorter days. In the summertime, courses are pretty open after 11 am.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I don't see a pool in the plans for the Haciendas Of Mission Hills. That doesn't mean there won't be one, but where is it? There is a tract of land not specified for homes, but is that a pond of a field, or what?. This is puzzling.

http://dev.districtgov.org/PDFView/P...20110520091004
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
It's not just golf.
Pickleball: last winter there was a time when on 6 courts there was 24 people playing with 32 WAITING.
Line dancing @ rec centers: you got to get there 45-60 minutes early for fear of being turned away.
And worst of all........ 20 minute waits at the bar huts on the squares
Yep. Some more things you will have a hard time getting into are classes, gyms, restaurants, team sports, The traffic is hell.
Now the good news...no snow.
I love my April to Dec. the most here because of the crowding factor in the winter.
By the way, we take our own drinks and chairs to the squares in the winter.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Sage

Richie, here's a plat map showing that large area designated as a Neighborhood Rec Center, which would include a pool. See p. 1:

http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Agenda...8009_10512.pdf

Bill
Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Richie, here's a plat map showing that large area designated as a Neighborhood Rec Center, which would include a pool. See p. 1:

http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Agenda...8009_10512.pdf

Bill
Yeah, I see it. On the pdf that I found they just refer to it as "track f" or something. That's the plot of land I was talking about as a possible location.
I didn't think they would build without a Rec. Center and Pool. That'll probably not be an adult pool only if it's at a Rec. Center, as is the custom.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:17 PM

WOW! 300 homes and only 1 pool. That could get very thight in the pool. It will definitely put more pressure on Golf, pickleball and all of the other amenities. I heard somewhere that they are adding 6 or 7 golf courses ( 2 major and 5 executive) south of 466A bringing the total to 45. Those courses will probably only handle the new homes being built there. Please correct me if I heard wrong. There is still no better place to be than TV.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Sage

Could it be that this village will be for families with kids, like Bison Valley or Spring Arbor, and they do not pay amenities fee?

Bison Valley No Amenities/
Old 08-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,420 Posts

Not enough room in them bungalos for a couple of kids.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.