Warning on TV Utility Bill Paying

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

We also use the draft and works fine. It is so nice not to worry about whether we paid the bill each month.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
This has got to be the best bank in the USA. Super friendly employees always willing to go that extra step.

I use their on-line banking for all my bill paying. It is a secure encrypted site and have had no trouble getting bills paid on time. I know friends who use the automatic payment for the Utility bill. Works great, too.

Yes, great popcorn, no big lines, friendly employees, civic minded organization. What is not to like?

You have got to be kidding me that one person posting is against on-line bill paying because it will take jobs from their children and grandchildren. Get into the 21st Century, folks. Did people once complain that the invention of the car would take jobs from carriage makers, buggy whip manufactures, and farriers (look that one up in your Funk & Wagner's)?
Tbugs, well it is hard to find a good buggy whip these days, or to get a farrier out to the house. Just kidding - You make a good point.,
Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Veteran member
Default Jobs

I try to buy American made products also ! It is about Jobs. Ask the 10% unemployed.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Sage

Just landed a job as a farrier. Full time with all the fertilizer I can carry. New job is a real kick.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
With electronic billing and payments, think of all the jobs lossed for our children and grandchildren. The paper producer, the envelope maker, the stamp maker, the truck driver that delivers the products, the postal worker, the maker of postal trucks, the oil co that makes gas for the postal trucks and the paper recycler. I am sure there are more. Talk about trickle down economics! Corporations push as a convenience to us, but it is designed to line their pockets. Is the convenience worth the true cost?
If only that capitalist pig hadn't invrnted the wheel!!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM

We still use old fashioned checks and snail mail, I have never trusted paying bills online, but thats just us, sleep better that way.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Default Soc Sec

Jobs = Soc Sec taxes paid in = Soc Sec payments. I will do whatever it takes even if it is inconvenient.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.