WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Sage
Default Re: WE JUST BOUGHT SITE UNSEEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty
Barefoot,

Try Caren's Classy Cottage for consignment buys as well. She is in Fruitland Park and took our entire home of furnishings and was able to sell them quickly. She picks up and sells from TV at very reasonable prices.
Patty, thanks, that is great info. :#1: I will indeed try CCC and hope to get lucky. It would be super to buy a whole houseful of furniture in one visit!! We are hoping to find someone in TV who wants to sell everything (even kitchen stuff and a golf cart) so we have a "turn key" situation. Do you know of any other way to find people who are selling all contents? I have spotted ads for one or two pieces of furniture on TOTV, but I've never seen an ad for all contents .. maybe I don't know where to look! Thanks again Patty, much appreciated.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:26 AM

first post, just joined the forum. visited tv in july, closed on a house in duval one month later. will be part time resident for at least one year though will be visiting every six weeks or so for 5 days at a clip.

hello to all and looking forward to meeting you.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Founder

Hi and welcome. You'll love TOTV. Please visit often.

JLK
Administrator, TOTV
Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Before you go for your preview stay (or post view) check with your realtor. We did the same thing as you. We were to come down for a preview stay at the cottages at Lake Sumter Landing at a cost of $100/night to us. In the mean time we found a house we fell in love with on TV web site and put a purchase agreement on it before we came down for our preview stay. Our realtor informed us that now that we were technically owners now we were not intidled to stay at the cottages and or the preview visit and when we come to close we would have to find a hotel. My wife and I were a little disheartened to say the least since we were never down for the preview before and you hear from others who were wined and dined by TV before purchasing a home there. We still love our house and the lifestyle but that one incident sure left us with a bitter taste before we even got there.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Now that's not a good way to treat a new buyer. I'd like to believe that if the employees got management involved, there would have been a different outcome. Shame on them. Quite tacky to say the least.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:54 PM

PJ & Rick,

Have you considered placing an ad on TOTV and the Daily Sun. You might find that people will call you wanting to sell their entire household? Just a thought.

Good Luck and look forward to seeing you here in TV.
Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Sage

Sorry, I apologize in advance, this is a bit off topic (altho I did buy sight unseen!) :'(
Patty .. That is a good suggestion re used furniture, I was just going to watch the ads online in the Sun, but placing one for specifically what I want makes sense. Might also cost less than doing the same thing through a consignment shop. I am definitely going to place one on TOTV. I think I'l wait until the week before we arrive, which would be around October 20.

We can hardly wait for our trip to TV! ;D .. My husband always calls to me when he comes home: "What are you doing, oh, I know, you're on "your" site". Now that I have the cam website I'm even more hooked.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:11 PM

I hope this doesn't cause any negative feelings but we are still welcome to come down on a "preview" visit even though it's our 3rd and the lady that I have been talking to called to congratulate us on buying our home...so "the company" knows. Maybe there were others in the past that had negative feelings that they are more welcoming. Or, it's the slow sales that's causing their feelings.

Anyway, we leave Wednesday the 5th, to see our home for the first time. Remember, we'll be at Sumpter Landing ready to boogie with our Bronco hats on. Mine is a visor with the Bronco horse on it.

Hope to see many of you then. And the rest when everyone gets down!

I'm so tired I can't even type. Thanks Barefoot for the nice words. I packed 15 boxes today so I'm going to bed...Nite everyone!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

bare, we live in Belvedere and have a couple friends that live in Belmont Villas one lives on Leicester and the others are Remington.

larryd, we have a Jasmine.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Golfnut,

That's what I thought, we have the same model, and we put 2 14" solartubes in the dining/loving area (right in the area that you go toward the master bedroom. I thought that area was always very dark, but with the solar tubes, I have been able to take off my miners helmit w/light :bigthumbsup: I like that model. Ours is on the 15th tee of OBG golf course... "Historic Side"
Old 09-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Sage

Sorry zcaveman for being off topic :dontknow: ... just want a quick reply to Golfnut .. when are you coming to Belvedere again? You have friends on Leicester -- we also live on that street -- now you have two sets of friends on Leicester ;D (after October 26). We have solar tubes in our kitchen and master bath, haven't seen them yet tho.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like zcaveman has been appointed topicop.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

bare, we will be there 9/19 - 23, then we'll be back again for the first two weeks in December. Did you go to the Xmas party at Dan and Trudy's last January, we were there.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Darbyduff, I just want to send along CONGRATULATIONS on your new home. I hope you'll have many happy years in paradise.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:33 PM

I really envy all of you who have made the decision to move to TV ... I can't seem to muster the courage to move away from the "kids". But we do spend the winters in TV ... looking forward to three months there this year!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.