We are working on TOTV performance

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 09:32 AM

I have had the same, but the pages load many many times faster and appears much more responsive. Thanks guys !
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM

Working much faster. Thank You
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Sage
Default Now what did I do?

I got this when clicking on the "Barking Dog" Thread. Never seen this before. I was not doing any of the things in the message. I only forward if it can be related to work being done, e.g., load balancing enhancements...

ajbrown, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage

I got the same thing as aj did on that same thread. Message popped up when I sent a post yet upon checking, the post went through.

Bill
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 AM

Early Sunday morning I got a message that Internet Explorer couldn't connect to TOTV. I guess this must have had something to do with it.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Gentoo Geek
Default Logged out Issue:

Some may be experiencing this issue for the simple fact that MySQL the database program is getting restarted, which is part of the process for correcting/upgrading issue w/ the server, these you can ignore, just simply log back in.

If you have in the past experienced issues in normal navigation of the site, specifically when going between the following:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com
or
https://www.talkofthevillages.com

Note the www missing off these two URL's, this was due to an incorrect settings made in the past, which is no big deal, but presents a "cookie" issue w/ a visitors web browser, i've made the necessary change & forced a session reset today to allow users to get an updated cookie in their web browsers. This change has been tested & verified as working correctly when navigating the site.

If you continue to have login/out issues, please delete all cookies from your web browser related to totv, then close your web browser, restart the web browser, then log back in to totv, remember to tic the "remember me" box also before logging in.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.