Weather in March

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Default Weather in March

Thinking about coming down to visit for the last two weeks of March just wondering how the weather is at that time of year? Also how is St. Patrick's day I am thinking about coming down on the 17th to the 31st.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_RI View Post
Thinking about coming down to visit for the last two weeks of March just wondering how the weather is at that time of year? Also how is St. Patrick's day I am thinking about coming down on the 17th to the 31st.
Weather's going to generally nice then. If you're planning on renting, you'd best be doing some searching now to try to find a place if you haven't already!

FWIW, here are some weather stats for Leesburg (closest place they had to TV): http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/w...s=78437&refer=

Bill
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Sage

Here is another site to look at weather. It gives you an idea of daily temperatures of the past. Here is the link for March 2010.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/....html#calendar

This should bring you directly to a calender. If not scroll up or down. On the top of the calender you should see links to adjust year or adjust months, etc. Hope this helps.

March is winters last chance, but as Bill said it is generally nice.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Also how is St. Patrick's day I am thinking about coming down on the 17th to the 31st.
St. Patrick's day is one big party here in the Villages...I think I read that last year was the largest turnout in Village history.
Everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's Day!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default last march

We visited last March. There were many complaints about it being soooo much cooler than normal.
We had mostly sunny days, it did rain ...a monsoon... for 1 whole day- not to worry, we took classes in the rec ctr that day. We wore pants and shorts while there. We did have a few issues with the wind. Remember too, that I thought is was great and sunny but the natives are used to warmer weather and they thought it was cool. Also I did wear a warm coat some at night. There were a few days that I would consider ok for pool but mostly days were in the 60's to 70's. The timing of our stay was mid March. Hope that was helpful. We would definitely do it again. Our stay this year is early April but only due to the fact that the place we rent was only open then.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:43 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Pat_RI. Looking out the window in North Kingstown and it is snowing again with more on the way Wed. I have booked my flight for March. 15th -24th. House closes on Feb. 28th. July 1 we are out of here and to the villages full time. I am tired of the snow.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Pat_RI. Looking out the window in North Kingstown and it is snowing again with more on the way Wed. I am tired of the snow.
8-12" possible Wednesday into Thursday and I have nowhere to put any more snow. Going to run out and buy my milk and bread soon. What stinks is I take the train to Boston and any type of weather change wrecks havoc on the schedule.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.