What businesses are considered essential?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
They simply have to close every other lane.
Yes, and they've probably done that. The problem I saw is at the entrance where all kinds of people were zipping in and out, cutting corners etc trying to buy ammo, check out the new guns and going to the chekcstand. The separation was like playing slow-mo dodge-ball
Old 04-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Platinum member

Based on what I read in another thread, Key Lime pies are essential.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Veteran member

FYI, the Ace Hardware store in Southern Trace is "temporarily" closed out of concern for its staff, but will still be fulfilling online orders. I believe the Wildwood and Belleview locations owned by the same family are also closed.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,095 Posts

Governor DeSantis has way better judgement than Charlie Baker, the Governor of Massachusetts. When Baker ordered all non-essential business be shut down, he specifically classified GOLF as non-essential. I am now officially not proud to say our Northern home is in Massachusetts. Now both of my addictions are going unfulfilled. The YMCA is closed, so no lap swimming, and the golf courses are also closed. I am really starting to panic now. The courses even pulled all the flags and filled the holes to keep people from sneaking onto the courses. Looks like a road trip to Vermont is in order for next week to get in a round.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:28 PM

Golf has never been labeled an essential business. It has been deemed an acceptable form of recreation. Swimming has also been deemed an acceptable form of recreation. Different locales have implemented additional restrictions if warranted.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to KateTut

Why would you want someone to come into your home, breathe/sneeze/cough all over your stuff, touch everything...knowing he/she has been cleaning other people’s homes? Sounds waaayyy more risky than golf.
Closed Thread

Tags
businesses, considered, essential

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.