What changes would you make at The Market at Sawgrass Grove?

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2022, 05:54 AM

We felt the same way. Walked in once, looked at options and prices and walked out. Seen no reason to return. I would definitely get rid of the uncomfortable seating. The noise is there felt
Like I was in a mall food court filled with noisy teenagers. We waited a long time for that place to open and are very disappointed. Didn’t realize that half the area was going to be a pro shop.
Old 09-14-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Correct. It is always easy to complain. Much harder to offer helpful suggestions. We will see how many people have useful suggestions.
I managed a rather large staff and told them all the time that I was always open for ideas and changes but not complaints without solutions. "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."
Old 09-14-2022, 06:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,631 Times in 601 Posts

Quote:
When you say developer owned, what do you mean? Does he own McGrady's and the Market? Or does he own the land and the buildings and rent them out to private people? Does the developer own the McDonalds and the Publix at Magnolia?
Yes McGrady’s and yes, market building, are developer owned. Yes, on any land within TV.
Early on The developer ran many restaurants in TV, including KB’s. As times have changed they started leasing out most.

The market is leased to the businesses, one person has the pizza, and burger place. Village grown is the developer, as is the pro shop. I am guessing the “Kitchen demo” is the developer also, which may or may not rent out its space for classes. Bakery, coffee and the (butcher, which has yet to open) are individual’s.
Old 09-14-2022, 06:17 AM

Let those that like it the way it is enjoy it the way it is PERIOD!!
Old 09-14-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulliganguy View Post
Let those that like it the way it is enjoy it the way it is PERIOD!!
It’s fun to go to on occasion
I would change the menu at the pub
Few selections
Old 09-14-2022, 06:42 AM

I like 3 of the food places in there and also like McGrady's. What they need is to have that entertainment venue to open. Unreal they haven't opened that up yet.
Old 09-14-2022, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
There are a lot of complaints about The Market at Sawgrass Grove.

If you owned it and could make any changes, what would you do?

Ok stop the Costco campaign - they are one of my accounts - I asked and there are NO plans to come to TV for the next 3-4 years. and that was accompanied by a laugh. as in are you serious. so stop asking LOL

on to the main topic, changes to the market -

Cash is king - so standard methods of payment are madatory
change the options - less is more, i would reduce the number of food 'huts' and keep some items -

market - gone - it's a waste and sham
coffee shop - keep change location and place it in the market area - offering comfortable seating
speaking of seating all the high stools can find a dumptster - who's idea was it to sit people on totally uncomfortable chairs - the idea is to keep people there not get rid of them (a sign that the "current owner" is clueless)

Burgers - keep I'm hearing they aren't all too bad, maybe focusing the employees in one direction will make it better.
Fish - gone - too far overpriced to make any sense
Bar - price changes and better drink options. They don't even have a cocktail menu.... shame however glad to see PBR LOL
dessert - bye bye.

bet you're wondering what to do with all the extra space? make things larger - let the pub take on dinner and other business. The Market should be looked at as a different venue yet familiar.

Before I forget - sound baffles. who the heck thought none was a good idea - one person talks and no one can hear anything.

that's just the initial part. There's more but it's a start here, and then you make more changes.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Sawgrass

Quote:

Lower the rent so a business does not have to overprice everything. This is not Disney. Disposable plates and flatware of better quality. Sound deadening. Definitely the food quality has to improve. Stop stealing the customers money, return the change owed or round down and except the loss because that practice is losing customers which is the result of stealing their money. Increase parking.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:08 AM
Default Market at Sawgrass Grove

My wife and I went in to the food court this weekend, and walked out inn10 minutes. TOO LOUD! Worst acoustics for any food court I've ever been in. Also, it lacked any feeling of comfort. Would never eat there.
What the owners will never know is how many people avoid the place because of its poor design.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:10 AM

Keep out all the complainers? The developer always has a bigger plan.. so when Eastport opens I'm sure all of these complaints about Sawgrass will be forgotten. Life is too short ❣️
Old 09-14-2022, 07:20 AM

More up close golf car parking. A covered walkway to the parking area. Delivery options for all food options.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:23 AM
Veteran member
Default Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
I managed a rather large staff and told them all the time that I was always open for ideas and changes but not complaints without solutions. "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."
I worked for a boss like you. My job was to inform you what displeased your patrons not to solve your problems. If that was my job I would either be making a lot more money or it would be my business.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Need to add fabric that absorbs sound: carpet, cloth seating, cloth on ceilings, drapes, sound panels on walls, etc. Lower prices. No inside entertainment. Cheap liquor.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:28 AM

You nailed it.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenswing View Post
i would put it in the new pet free village.
lol
Closed Thread

Tags
make, market, sawgrass, grove, owned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.