What do you think of the new rules.

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Default Re: What do you think of the new rules.

doubt i'll attempt to go to either event but wonder if they've sold the very few handicap parking spots directly on the square.
the developer does control the cdds that own the squares so anything goes.
many of us knew that when we bought our homes but watching it play out over the past 8 years has been eye opening.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I love my daughter. I don't like everything she does. I really like TV. I don't like everything the developer does or even all of the people I meet here. So, does this mean I should disown my child or leave here? Personally, I really think it is okay to like or love something and see its faults. It just means I'm making a choice to continue liking or loving no matter the bad points.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-02-2007, 01:02 AM

i know why i choose to live in tv and i do like it but i also think the developer's committee that planned nye this year may have overlooked some things and i hope most clubs and residents let their voices be heard so future years' events can be improved on.
that's how we all learn and grow.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager99
i know why i choose to live in tv and i do like it but i also think the developer's committee that planned nye this year may have overlooked some things and i hope most clubs and residents let their voices be heard so future years' events can be improved on.
that's how we all learn and grow.
Villager99
Just wondering .. what do you think is the best way for residents to communicate their thought and comments to the Developer? 024 Do they ever survey residents and ask for input?

Still a Newbie
Barefoot
Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 PM

11-28-07 THE VILLAGES DAILY SUN:

"On December 31 your guests can visit Lake Sumter Landing Market Square, or Spanish Springs where there will be designated areas for everyone to bring their tables and chairs.
Spaces are $30 for residents, $50 for the public, and are limited to four spaces per household.
Tickets went on sale November 28 at the Del Mar drive, and Lake Sumter Landing box offices.
No vehicles will be allowed in the designated areas. Loading time will be 8am to 2pm Dec 31.

The Entertainment Department can be reached at 750-5411 for any additional information on tickets."
Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 PM

I understand that every February the family sends out a survey to all the residents. Do they take comments to heart? If this program doesn't work, I suspect they will hear about it. This program, however, I hear is designed in part to keep folks from having to set up early in the morning for these events. I also understand that all can still attend (sans table) for free.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts
Default Did Anyone Ever Think That The Fee Is Designed To Reduce Demand?

I went to Starbucks at Lake Sumter Landing last New Year's Eve morning at 7:00 AM to pick up a Sunday New York Times. It was my first New Year's eve in TV. There were golf carts parked all the way beyond Toojay's. I had to walk three blocks to get to Starbucks!...at seven o'clock in the morning!

When I asked what the heck was going on, I was told that it was people staking out their space for the New Year's Eve celebration that night. Later I found out that if you simply went down to the square about 5:00 PM, you'd have had to set up your chairs out of hearing range of Rocky & The Rollers who were performing that night.

I think the new fee that people are kvetching about may be a means to limit the unwieldy crowds that inundate the squares that night. The fee may be a precursor for a major change next year, like the move of the Christmas Parade a couple years ago from the squares to the Polo Field. When the crowds get too big for the real estate to handle safely, some other plan is needed.

Maybe New Year's Eve in TV should be like the Presidential Innaguration Balls...organize as many parties at various locations as the traffic will bear...and that can physically be accomodated.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
I love my daughter. I don't like everything she does. I really like TV. I don't like everything the developer does or even all of the people I meet here. So, does this mean I should disown my child or leave here? Personally, I really think it is okay to like or love something and see its faults. It just means I'm making a choice to continue liking or loving no matter the bad points.
Red,

Very well put. Thank you.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 12-02-2007, 09:20 PM

This will be my first NYE...do I have to buy a ticket for the bands? I am in walking distance to Lake Sumter...I thought we could take our fold up chairs to the square. It sounds like a need a plan "B". Fill me in...wondered when I read at 5:00 could not found a seat in hearing distance. Holly Molly!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

:yikes:
Since I am still an outsider I may be reading all these posts on NYE from a different point of view but, as I see it.

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH TOWN SQUARES FOR THE CURRENT AMOUNT OF RESIDENTS.
I think I read that there are more squares under construction and if not the developers probably have a solution in their plans. I know that in our thoughts of TV being in a square several nights a week with a little dancing and mixing with fellow TVers are one of the thing my wife and I are looking forward to.
If you don't want to part with a $buck on NYE make other plans. No matter how many squares there are NYE is always insane no matter where you are.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OUR FUTURE FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS
Larry & Beverly

Wanabee future TVer
Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Eternal Member

Maybe good news.

Like most of you, I've rec'd several emails with various versions of the New Years eve fiasco. I forwarded a copy to a reporter on the Daily Sun, pointing out that the peasants were getting restless and a story with more detail and rationale might be beneficial to all parties. I also mentioned the common misconception regarding the roles of the CDDs and "the developer".

Shortly the gentleman got back to me with the following comment: "Thanks for your email. I’m trying to get more information, but from what I understand, they’re rescinding that and issuing refunds to those who may have “reserved” a table."
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Maybe good news.

Like most of you, I've rec'd several emails with various versions of the New Years eve fiasco. I forwarded a copy to a reporter on the Daily Sun, pointing out that the peasants were getting restless and a story with more detail and rationale might be beneficial to all parties. I also mentioned the common misconception regarding the roles of the CDDs and "the developer".

Shortly the gentleman got back to me with the following comment: "Thanks for your email. I'm trying to get more information, but from what I understand, they're rescinding that and issuing refunds to those who may have “reserved” a table."
Muncle, this news is quite heartening. Please keep us posted as to the official response.
Thank you
Old 12-05-2007, 08:56 PM

If the lastest rumor is true. The next :edit:will be about losing their reserved space. Can't please everyone and never will. Does anyone really think the pitance the reserved table would bring in would matter to the developer (as filthy rich as everyone says) . New Years Eve is one of the few times the square becomes to crowded. The comment about moving it to the Polo field may have merit.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Veteran member
Default Bump !

Just finished reading all 8 pages of this thread..........

Sooooooo....... how did 07 NYE turn out ??

What's going on in TV THIS NYE ?
Old 12-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Veteran member

The Squares are 5-9. The Mulberry Rec center and Lake Miona Rec center will have Villages Rec department celebrations past midnight.
Other than that it's restaurants and bowling alleys and many various prices, starting at about $60 per person and rising
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.