What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Soaring Parsley
Default Re: What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?

VK,

Thank you.

Vinyl siding I can deal with.

This is the stuff we're really watching.

BB
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Default Re: What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?

This topic is one reason I registered. I have been monitoring this form for months. My first trip that was recorded by the front office was 1988. I was to young to live in the Villages at that time plus I was working in MI.
For two decade I have said, a family has done something the government could never do. I have traveled the U.S. in a motorhome scoping out retirement communities, this is one of a kind. Does anyone disagree? No
My fear is I cringe at the thought of anyone other that the present decision makers making the decisions concerning the managing of the recreation facilities. I know not one new face has any experience. I see the residence taking over. I see the people with the best golf score being elected by popular vote or the best line dancers. The line dancers will want to gut the rec-centers and put in big dance floors. The golfers will want to demolish the rec-center and expand the golf course. Everybody will want to spend the money in the treasury for bigger and better and newer. I fear the money will be mismanaged if for no other reason than no one has ever done this before. Look around you it is a full time job, are you going to but a retired person in charge.

Tell me, is it the plan to elect residents to manage this or is it just to have a voice. It looks to me that without the money the Village is out of control. OR is the money in a kind of escrow fund but managed by the Village.

Thank you for you time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.