What place has the best cocktails?

Old 05-15-2024, 09:03 AM
Default Buyer Beware

Made the mistake of ordering a shot of Crown on the rocks at Glenview CC. Sticker shock...$15..whole bottle cost $23...should have asked first.
Dinner was great so OH WELL
Old 05-15-2024, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Funny how folks come from Big Cities and look for high-end everything. Food (restaurants) shopping, now alcoholic beverages. I bet most were like us when they came looking and those things weren't on "the list" of must haves. IF cost isn't a factor then maybe drive to one of Florida's big cities.
I’ll let all the folks here in Westminster, MA (population 8000) that we are a big city. I’ll also let the great bartenders I had at Harvest and Bluefin that they are doing too great of a job and they should leave the Villages if they want to make good drinks like that.

Good grief there’s always someone chiming in on threads to tell you how everything sucks in the Villages. I know I can get what I’m looking for in the Villages and simply posted a fun thread for more recommendations. Oh and I forgot that Chop House also meets my criteria.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,088 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robojo View Post
This highlights what I have been trying to point out to people at the pool. There is no real luxury in the villages. There is no real service in the villages. Heck there ain't even a towel service at the pool. Even the Marriott has that.

You're looking for quality. And you're not going to find it here.
Depends where you look. But as far as a "towel service goes", imagine running such a service for 120 pools. I would estimate the theft of about 1000 towels/day, maybe more. Then add the laundry cost, the cost of storage for what? maybe 30,000+ towels, the replacement costs, and the lawsuits from anyone who gets a minor rash and blames the towel detergent. Rotsa ruck
Old 05-15-2024, 09:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Funny how folks come from Big Cities and look for high-end everything. Food (restaurants) shopping, now alcoholic beverages. I bet most were like us when they came looking and those things weren't on "the list" of must haves. IF cost isn't a factor then maybe drive to one of Florida's big cities.
I don’t think it’s ‘high end’ to expect something more than Moose Lodge offerings in a development that crosses all socio economic demos. You may like PBR and Highballs....others come from different generations and want more expanded options. The developer will figure it out as will prospective commercial tenants. There’s a lot of money on the table here and residents/guests shouldn’t have to drive to ‘big cities’ to enjoy drinking/dining options that are limited to a what is served at a chicken bog festival!
Old 05-15-2024, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,297 Times in 5,461 Posts

Quote:
This highlights what I have been trying to point out to people at the pool. There is no real luxury in the villages. There is no real service in the villages. Heck there ain't even a towel service at the pool. Even the Marriott has that.

If you are at a high end resort yes you can expect luxury but did you not have any idea what this place is when moving here?

Your expectations do not meet reality at all.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,623 Times in 1,350 Posts

Quote:

I just have to ask where did you live prior to the villages that someone came out, gave you pool towels and service?
Did you live in a high-end luxury apartment building where there was staff or in-home staff?

How exactly does a residential retirement community provide service like a Marriott hotel.
Unless you are a renter, and your contract in paragraph 11a states

staff would be available to bring you a towel

Confusing a hotel with a private home is just comical or total confusion.

Crap maybe this is supposed to be a Sheldon post
Old 05-15-2024, 10:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Depends where you look. But as far as a "towel service goes", imagine running such a service for 120 pools. I would estimate the theft of about 1000 towels/day, maybe more. Then add the laundry cost, the cost of storage for what? maybe 30,000+ towels, the replacement costs, and the lawsuits from anyone who gets a minor rash and blames the towel detergent. Rotsa ruck
People steal towels?!
Old 05-15-2024, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,088 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
People steal towels?!
Judging by TOTV, people steal EVERYTHING!
Old 05-15-2024, 10:50 AM
Default Best drinks and food in the Area

Not in TV. Go to Mark's Prime on the square in Ocala.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Judging by TOTV, people steal EVERYTHING!
Old 05-15-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
That is a great idea. When I’m full time I will do that.
This can be a lot of fun. We used to belong to an international diners' club. A monthly meeting, everyone brought a contribution from the designated theme country including drinks of that country (usually wines). We met at rotating host home locations. It was usually entertaining and a good way to meet people with diverse back grounds but a common interest in trying other cuisines with the understanding that some dishes may turn out to be disasters (sometimes part of the fun). A number of long-term friendships spun off of it.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
Not in TV. Go to Mark's Prime on the square in Ocala.
Great spot!
Old 05-15-2024, 11:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runway48 View Post
This can be a lot of fun. We used to belong to an international diners' club. A monthly meeting, everyone brought a contribution from the designated theme country including drinks of that country (usually wines). We met at rotating host home locations. It was usually entertaining and a good way to meet people with diverse back grounds but a common interest in trying other cuisines with the understanding that some dishes may turn out to be disasters (sometimes part of the fun). A number of long-term friendships spun off of it.
Uh oh. Down here that could be one of those....’you don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here!’ type situations!
Old 05-15-2024, 12:03 PM
Smile Westminster MA??

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I’ll let all the folks here in Westminster, MA (population 8000) that we are a big city. I’ll also let the great bartenders I had at Harvest and Bluefin that they are doing too great of a job and they should leave the Villages if they want to make good drinks like that.

Good grief there’s always someone chiming in on threads to tell you how everything sucks in the Villages. I know I can get what I’m looking for in the Villages and simply posted a fun thread for more recommendations. Oh and I forgot that Chop House also meets my criteria.
You’re in Westminster? Then you must frequent The Old Mill restaurant. That used to be the “high end” dining place when I grew up in that area!
Old 05-15-2024, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,297 Times in 5,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
People steal towels?!
On some cruise ships you must sign for towels

Tags
place, lime, bartenders, roses, juice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.