What would YOU choose for your second cart?

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,520 Times in 1,916 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default What would YOU choose for your second cart?

Now that we have made TV our year 'round home, we are thinkin' we might need a second golf cart. Our first one was used and is a Yamaha four seater, all seats facing forward. It is a gas cart, and we have no complaints. It has run well and it carries the three of us wherever we want to go. I am thinking that when Sweetie takes it to play golf, it kind of looks like the family car. It really is long and it sometimes is difficult to make the turns in tight corners, which can be dangerous.

What brand and what kind of cart would you all suggest? And where should we buy it??
Old 07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Gold member

If it were me I would get a Tomberline. If I wanted a Yamaha I would buy it at Carts and Clubs in Ocala. My preference would be electric.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

GG I can only share my experience with an EZ Go electric cart. We love it and purchased it at Town & Country in SS. We bring the cart to them montly and they check the water and tires for us, no charge.. We had a problem with ripping the Sunbrella and they replaced it for FREE. When we rented we drove a gas cart which I HATED. It smelled and was noisey as well. I use my cart every day and travel from one end of TV to the other and have never had a problem with running out of power since the cart is one of the newer long range electric carts. Recently my sister was interested in purchasing a cart and we found the gas carts still too loud and smelly. It's a personal preference. Go the different dealers and drive their carts, it won't take long for you to find a favorite. Personally I would never drive a street legal cart, too dangerous out on the roads with all those pick ups and landscaper trucks darting in and out of traffic. One of the best things for me as a Villager is my quiet cart and how I feel more in touch with nature while driving on our beautiful cart paths. I'm pleased to know that you along with Sweetie and Helene will be joining me as full time lovers of TV.

Last edited by duffysmom; 07-21-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

New Yamaha gas 2 seater from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. Best price, very best enclosure and you need at least one gas cart. Then I would find a good used electric Club Car 48 volt with 6 8 volt batteries, again 2 seater, and then sell the 4 seater. CC because they are reliable, very little wears out except the batteries so used is OK, and it's nice to have one of each. The 4 seaters are handy once in a while, but with two carts you have four seats if going someplace with friends. And they don't park well at the square, don't handle well on the golf course, and take up to much space in the garage. Having one gas and one electric is a good choice all the way around.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Sage

We like our gas Yamaha - bought it from Carts & Clubs. No complaints from either of us. Same as l2ride, we liked the way they do their windshield and enclosure. I also prefer the way they did the modifications/add-ons to the electrical system - they add a separate fuse block....no wire taps. Details. Also decided to buy new versus remanufactured for not a ton more money - that way we're starting out with EVERYTHING new.

If we were to buy a second cart at some future point, I'd probably try to find a nice used gas cart.

Gas versus electric, new versus used, one brand versus another, traditional cart versus street legal...........they're all good. It really just comes down to your personal preference.

Bill
Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Sage

Hi Gracie,
Yea, frogs deserve two carts!

We're very happy with our used gas cart from Carts and Clubs too. If we had two carts though, we'd probably have one gas, one electric. Just one, we'd go with the gas cart again.

Since you're a family of three, keeping your four-seater and getting a second two-seater seems like a great choice. I wish you a wonderful time shopping the different models. Can't wait to hear what you get.

Hugs.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
KittyKat
Smile

Does anyone have a Polaris? I like some of the features and I believe it's a long range electric. (hate those smelly, gas ones).
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 PM

We've recently become a two cart family (cheering and wild applause!)

First one is a 2001 electric Club Car which has served us well. Recently (2 or 3 months ago) purchased a reconditioned 2009 gas Club Car from Grandpa & Grandma's Village Buggies for our second cart. Thus far we've been very happy with it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,172 Times in 441 Posts
Default So many choices GG

I'm always surprised by the Villagers that don't like street legal.....If you are careful they really are a delight....Never have to go through a smelly tunnel....The route is direct....You can go to Home Depot, Sweet Tomatoes, Best Buy, Five Guys, Sam's without parking and making the sprint for Life across the road.....Get to go a little faster (6 mph) and last but not least NO more speed bumps.....But to answer your question, if we bought another cart, it would probably be a cart with more range (8 batteries is a must) and a cart with a fold down seat....We really enjoyed the LC-3 (can be purchased at the Village Cart man) because of the trunk that let's you lock clubs if you stop to eat or if you've been shopping, we know you like to shop, you will enjoy not having to carry your packages from one store to another....
What ever choice you make Gracie Girl, I know it will be the perfect one for you and Sweetie...
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 PM

The Villages has $250 off the 2011 Yamaha gas carts and Curtis Cab has another $250 off promotion. We really enjoy having this option for our second cart what with the pop up storms in the summer and the cold days in the winter.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Bosoxfan

We have an electric EZ Go RXV and really love the fact it maintains a constant speed going up or down hill.Really like the quiet smooth ride! We're also going to be frogs soon & will be going the 2 cart route also.I believe we'll be getting a gas for our second one for two reasons.First having borrowed a friends electric for company charging both at the same time doesn't seem to work.We would need an electrician to seperate circuits.We have a freezer in our garage and the circuit pops when we tried to charge 2 electric carts at the same time.Second is that the gas cart will get you more miles.I'm not a fan of the gas due to the noise & smell but it is more practical as the villages continue to grow. JMHO
Old 07-22-2011, 04:15 PM

I just ordered a new Yamaha Cart from the Villages Golf Cart Store for delivery in November. Much better price than carts and clubs plus they gave me a demo three diferent days to ensure it was the cart I wanted. The cart will start with a new warranty in November when I take delivery. C&C could not provide the same service plus the VGCS took a trade in and gave me $250 over the appraised value. With all the specials: $250 trade in, $250 sale on 2011 models, $400 EDV, a free dash and 0% financing now is a great time to buy a new cart.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:44 PM

Have had 2005 electric for 4 years, but always worry on long days with it. Justs added a 2011 from Carts and Clubs. Really notice no smell at all, and noise has not been an issue for us. Biggest thing to get used to is learning to perform a smooth take off, but after a while you can manage that.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Does anyone have a Polaris? I like some of the features and I believe it's a long range electric. (hate those smelly, gas ones).
Kitty,
I do and am very happy with it. I have had no distance issues and I especially like the convertable rear seat.
Bob
Old 07-24-2011, 07:26 PM

On the electric carts, if you start to charge the batteries after a long day of riding then decide you need to take it back out before they are fully charged, does that harm the charging ability of the batteries?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.