What's the big crowd gathering tomorrow (WED) at LSL ?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:43 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 1,994
Thanks: 254
Thanked 795 Times in 332 Posts
Default What's the big crowd gathering tomorrow (WED) at LSL ?

Supposed to be something going on with "2-300 people" sometime tomorrow at LSL according to people working at SBX (they were given a heads up about a big crowd).

Anyone know? Hope the political demonstrations aren't starting already ..... there have already been a few and it is WAY too early.
  #2  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:54 PM
anothersteve's Avatar
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 307
Thanked 1,389 Times in 467 Posts
Default

VCDD total body workout?? in the AM
Steve
  #3  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:09 PM
hotpotato hotpotato is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default what's going on tomorrow at LSL

There is a planned rally for Women's Suffrage to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women receiving the right to vote. Starts at 10. Speakers and Ralph Dinome and Dawn will perform.
Sponsored by the 6 Lake-Sumter Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It is non-political.
  #4  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:01 PM
sallybowron sallybowron is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 354
Thanks: 38
Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I am wondering why there were groups of golf carts clustered at two or three of the golf courses on Mrse this morning. I wonder what was gong on. There were 5-6 carts in a group.
  #5  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:19 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 1,994
Thanks: 254
Thanked 795 Times in 332 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotato View Post
There is a planned rally for Women's Suffrage to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women receiving the right to vote. Starts at 10. Speakers and Ralph Dinome and Dawn will perform.
Sponsored by the 6 Lake-Sumter Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution. It is non-political.
Thanks .. that's good politics. How come this kind of stuff never makes the "Happy News" daily?
  #6  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:42 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,861
Thanks: 1,653
Thanked 1,853 Times in 565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Thanks .. that's good politics. How come this kind of stuff never makes the "Happy News" daily?
It's a reminder that women have the right to vote. The good ole boys' club doesn't want to promote that reminder, I guess
  #7  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:14 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37,730
Thanks: 2,162
Thanked 1,653 Times in 643 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Is it a golf cart parade? I could not believe the number of carts in the last one. They always have local police to be sure traffic is not snarled and that people are safe. We watched this golf cart parade and it just went on and on and on. We were among the crowds who enjoyed it and were waving and happy.

So many unexpected good things happen here every day. I hope it is the same thing, another well behaved golf cart parade.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #8  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:26 AM
hotpotato hotpotato is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's a rally to be held in the square beginning at 10 AM. I'm not aware of any golf cart parade. There will be ladies in costume. Dee Collier will be performing as Susan B. Anthony and others will speak as early suffragettes. It should be fun..
  #9  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37,730
Thanks: 2,162
Thanked 1,653 Times in 643 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotato View Post
It's a rally to be held in the square beginning at 10 AM. I'm not aware of any golf cart parade. There will be ladies in costume. Dee Collier will be performing as Susan B. Anthony and others will speak as early suffragettes. It should be fun..
OH.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-15-2019 at 11:14 AM.
  #10  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37,730
Thanks: 2,162
Thanked 1,653 Times in 643 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Do they have a rally for when beer came back?
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-15-2019 at 11:15 AM.
  #11  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,298
Thanks: 3
Thanked 73 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Do they have a rally for when beer came back?
I'm putting you in charge of that. GracieGirl

I'll handle the pre-event sampling - it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
  #12  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:17 PM
sawman sawman is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I also wondered what was going on.
  #13  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:07 PM
dietpepsi dietpepsi is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is it a golf cart parade? I could not believe the number of carts in the last one. They always have local police to be sure traffic is not snarled and that people are safe. We watched this golf cart parade and it just went on and on and on. We were among the crowds who enjoyed it and were waving and happy.

So many unexpected good things happen here every day. I hope it is the same thing, another well behaved golf cart parade.
@#$&
  #14  
Old 05-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Aloha1 Aloha1 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 809
Thanks: 440
Thanked 302 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Do they have a rally for when beer came back?
__________________
Roseville, MI, East Lansing, MI, Okemos, MI, Kapalua, HI, Village of Pine Ridge
Closed Thread

Tags
people, lsl, crowd, big, tomorrow

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.