What's with the group of dogs running free on the Lopez Rec Trail?

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Founder
Default What's with the group of dogs running free on the Lopez Rec Trail?

Every evening around sunset a group of dog owners gathers along the Lopez recreation trail and lets their dogs run free. I have seen as many as 8 and 10 dogs together in a pack while the owners stand around talking and laughing. I have personally seen the dogs chase, bark and nip at walkers and runners.

One one occasion I asked the people why they were disobeying the leash rule, and I got the expected snotty....."mind your own f***ing business." I have called the deed restriction office on three occasions about this group. Now, I am told that I should call Marion County animal control. I don't go over there at that time of the evening anymore, (I'm afraid to) so maybe they have all been taken to jail ;D

Okay, now, here is where some of those people get on the board and tell me that they have the right to allow their dogs to run free and that I should mind my own business. I'm ready.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Default Re: What's with the group of dogs running free on the Lopez Rec Trail?

Jan, Didn't you know that rules are not for everyone? Some people, yes even those so-called nice folks that live in The Villages, feel they are better than everyone else and they don't need to follow the rules.

These are probably the same people that won't rake the bunkers or fill their divots.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Default Re: What's with the group of dogs running free on the Lopez Rec Trail?

Several months ago when I was in the Vet's office on Rt 42, a lady mentioned that there was a dog run over by Lopez where you could socialize your dog. The location wasn't clear to me as I am not that familiar with the areas around Lopez. Also since dog run areas are usually fenced in, I must admit it puzzled me. Maybe these people were mislead by someone and that explains why these dogs are there?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.