Whirlpool oven cleaning (not)

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Angry Whirlpool oven cleaning (not)

We have an electric Whirlpool range that has as its oven cleaning method something that involves scraping up the big bits and putting water in the bottom of the oven for 40 minutes. Is this a joke? The only part of the oven that is affected is the very bottom where the water is placed and that doesn't work very well. The raised edges of the bottom, the sides, and the window are unaffected. the instructions say to use an eraser type pad on these spots. Maybe if I rubbed until Armageddon, they would come clean using this technique.

Am I doing something wrong? Have any TVers had a better experienceI have been using this range for about a year. i use the oven quite frequently but the amount of soil buildup is average.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Do you have a new home? I believe the appliances are covered for two years by TV warranty.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Sage

Wow-you use your oven--that's why I hide my wife's Christmas presents.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:44 PM

Our house is 3 yrs. old and we too have a Whirlpool oven. I never heard of this before, but apparently there are two cleaning methods - self clean and steam clean. Steam clean does involve putting distilled water onto the oven bottom. The two methods are explained somewhat in the User Instructions which you should have received with the oven.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.