Whirlpool Refrigerators

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 08:14 PM

Whirlpool and Kitchen Aide brands are made by the same company. Our brand new Kitchen Aide side by side refrigerator seems as if it is going to be remade, piece by piece. We were told the pooling of water between the 2 doors is due to poor door insulation - so we are on order to get a new freezer door. The pooling of water was so bad we had to use towels on the floor so the new base cabinets would not be ruined. We are also on order to get a new ice maker which never worked properly. They say these new parts might alleviate the grinding metal noises which keeps us up at night. No one is quite sure about how to fix the popping noises we constantly hear so my husband bought a "sound machine". He thought the sounds of ocean waves or a babbling brook would drowned out the refrigerator noise and we could get some sleep. No such luck. If you look in Consumer Reports you'll see the horrible repair record for these refrigerators. And, if you search online for consumer complaints you'll find many other people complaining about Whirlpool and Kitchen Aide refrigerators. Don't know why The Villages would put such crappy appliances in otherwise nice homes. Maybe they need a subscription to Consumer Reports?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Well this thread is starting to scare the h*** out of me.....have only been here 4 months and no problems so far.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-25-2015, 04:00 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default Whirlpool Fridge Leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
anyone else having major cooling issues with their relatively new fridge?
Yes, I and two of my neighbors had problems when our Whirlpool refrigerator was just 15 mos old. Water would pool on the floor, but there was no water in the pan beneath. A repairman came to fix my neighbors and told her MANY of the pans were cracked upon install as the installing contractors used the wrong type dolly and lifted/cracked the pans before they were put into service. All were out of warranty with The Villages of course.
Also the water supply was never properly connected & had been spraying on the wall behind the fridge. My home was preowned and out of warranty by a couple of months, so again, no help from TV Warranty group.

Word of caution to new home buyers - move the fridge out and check the pan with a flashlight as well as the connection to the ice maker.

Last edited by Susan G; 01-25-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: So
Old 02-09-2015, 11:07 AM

HI Connie. is your frig still freezing your food? have you found a fix yet? our frig is doing the same thing. the thermometer is showing 31 degrees even though we have it set to 44.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Two year Warranty expired four months before problem
Call them anyhow. Sometimes they can tell you what's wrong.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
anyone else having major cooling issues with their relatively new fridge?
I am surprised to see your post hasn't been moved. I asked almost the identical question about a Samsung Washer and the TOV administrators almost immediately moved the post to business and services. Of course it died there with no one ever viewing my post. Hope you have better luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.